Fishing Less than Ideal Conditions

Rate this topic

A reminder to get out there whenever you can. My two best outings this year were in less than ideal conditions (tides, time of day (both of these were actually during daylight hours), moon phase, weather/wind - not all together, but at least 2 of these criteria present on each outing). And they also happened to be my two shortest outings - but was all I could squeeze in while balancing other obligations/life. I almost didn’t go out both times because I didn’t think it was worth my while, but it paid off.

Keep em wet and give it a shot even during times when others may have said it isn’t productive. 

8 hours ago, TheFriendlyFisherman said:

A reminder to get out there whenever you can. My two best outings this year were in less than ideal conditions (tides, time of day (both of these were actually during daylight hours), moon phase, weather/wind - not all together, but at least 2 of these criteria present on each outing). And they also happened to be my two shortest outings - but was all I could squeeze in while balancing other obligations/life. I almost didn’t go out both times because I didn’t think it was worth my while, but it paid off.

Keep em wet and give it a shot even during times when others may have said it isn’t productive. 

Good message...

troll #122  <*)))<

8 hours ago, TheFriendlyFisherman said:

:th:

Yep.  Go when u can. Even if it's not "the best time to go"

On 5/24/2024 at 7:27 AM, Jeff270 said:

The very best time to fish is when you can.

I've caught enough during un-ideal conditions that I think the quote above is the best answer to the perennial question of timing.

Pfantum Pfishah

Exactly. I don't chase reports. Every year, during late winter I check the tide charts for my favorite spots. I plan my outings around that and fish, not on what people are posting on "Instaface" (as Belichick likes to call it). :)

Edited by zak-striper

For the most part I go when I can but a couple spots are very specific to tides and/or season. 

There's no point in going to our spot that is dependant on herring in August and no point hitting our spot that's only accessible at low tide if the tide is high.

Otherwise, yeah, it's whenever I have a day off.