Jump to content

SARGENTS SportMate Pliers New


Recommended Posts

  • XBMX changed the title to SARGENTS SportMate Pliers New
2 hours ago, fishfinderct said:

I thought the sportmates had rubberized grips, mono, and braid side cutters and more of a needle nose….

Not the "Original" Sportmates. You are thinking of the more recent model. This is the original (as noted in description)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 min ago, MdCrappie said:

Not the "Original" Sportmates. You are thinking of the more recent model. This is the original (as noted in description)

Gotcha…. Free bump;)

"just one more cast... she's out there, I KNOW IT!"
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Looking for any trades ?

I don’t need these but I like that they’re new old stock.

I have the same pair, has to be 50 years old, and there’s almost no chrome left on them.

Are you looking for or considering  anything besides cash?

Rods, reels, lures, fishing tools, fishing books etc.

I have a ton of stuff I’m willing to part with.

Edited by valentine
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, valentine said:
  • Looking for any trades ?

I don’t need these but I like that they’re new old stock.

I have the same pair, has to be 50 years old, and there’s almost no chrome left on them.

Are you looking for or considering  anything besides cash?

Rods, reels, lures, fishing tools, fishing books etc.

I have a ton of stuff I’m willing to part with.

Me too, "in the got to much club", maybe German auto knives.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 mins ago, EricDice said:

@XBMX what size in inches are these? 4.5, 5.5, or 6.5?


Seems like they were made in all of the above. (I could be wrong though.)

These are 6.5in exact.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/23/2024 at 7:00 PM, fishfinderct said:

I thought the sportmates had rubberized grips, mono, and braid side cutters and more of a needle nose….

That is the shape the original VS pliers were supposed to be with parallel action jaws. Not the pesent day style everyone is familiar with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, XBMX said:

These are 6.5in exact.

They’ll cut standard size trebles on most plugs?

 

if so, I’ll take em for $65 shipped pp f&f.

 

(I use cheapo pliers and cutters in my bag or back at the van in a ziplock but they rusted anyway. )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 mins ago, EricDice said:

They’ll cut standard size trebles on most plugs?

 

if so, I’ll take em for $65 shipped pp f&f.

 

(I use cheapo pliers and cutters in my bag or back at the van in a ziplock but they rusted anyway. )

Thanks so much, check you PM's for payment and shipping details 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • XBMX locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...