Are van staal pliers supposed to be misaligned a bit in the jaws?

Rate this topic

Jack517

Can anyone help me figure out if this is normal or not? My van staal pliers jaws a tiny bit misaligned. Not by a lot but just a little and after spending this much on a pair of pliers I wanna make sure it’s normal. If anyone that owns van staal 7 inch pliers pls let me know if yours are like this too.

(update, I guess I wasn’t pressing down all the way lol, this is the new pic)

IMG_1029.jpeg

IMG_1047.jpeg

Edited by Jack517

My Cuda titanium pliers are still perfectly aligned even after some abuse. I’m surprised more people haven’t gone that route, I’ve seen new ones on the BST and they get ignored. They are pretty much the same as Van Staal as far as the mechanism and design goes. I picked up mine new for $200. Plus lifetime warranty and I think the cutters are much cheaper to replace. 

1 min ago, SC said:

The original VS pliers were not like that in the aluminam and titanium versions I had

I just got them serviced after buying them and the alignment didn’t change at all. The guys that did it said it was normal so I’m guessing I’m fine

5 mins ago, SC said:

The original VS pliers were not like that in the aluminum and titanium versions I had

And I’ve been checking other pairs in fishing shops and they all have the same thing so I’m guessing it’s normal for the new pairs idk 

So its normal for $375 pair of pliers to be misaligned and not even be machined 'square' on the ends... are they made in China ?

Actually the Titanium Gomexus pliers (150usd) are much better machined.

People have to stop drinking the kool aid. 

Like Zeebas selling a reel cover as an extra for ... $115...  crazy

2 mins ago, Busanga said:

So its normal for $375 pair of pliers to be misaligned and not even be machined 'square' on the ends... are they made in China ?

I’ve seen pliers like those get even more misaligned or get absolutely bent just from trying to take a hook out of a fishes mouth especially on needle nose pliers like that. I’m good. 

27 mins ago, Busanga said:

And your Gomexus pliers are also made in China so you shouldn’t be trying to play that card bud. 

Excellent post, I hope this thread is a troll. My VS are 92 years old perfect and straight as an arrow. Actually measure 8-1/2 inches now.

I'll ignore your cheap aroma,

and your little-bo-peep diploma,

I'll just put you in a coma,

with some dirty love-

49 mins ago, Jack517 said:

And your Gomexus pliers are also made in China so you shouldn’t be trying to play that card bud. 

Not playing a card bud.. that is point I was making Gomexus made in China and look better machined than those

Edited by Busanga