Penn Spinfisher 4500VII Handle options

Rate this topic

JimKu

Just started using a penn spinfisher 4500VII spinning reel. Only caught one small 15" striper so far. I'm coming from an old spinfisher 5500ss. I know the reel is smaller but the handle seems short with a small knob which feels like I don't have much leverage. 

Are there other handles available that you would recommend? 

Maybe it's like a new tooth filling. Just need to get used to it. 

1 hour ago, TheFriendlyFisherman said:

Gomexus makes aftermarket power handles - I think for Penn. check them out. I’ve never tried one but they look pretty decent 

I have them on spinfisher V, VI and clash and a diawa fuego.   They seem well made.  Made in China of course but so are the Penn slammer handles that fit some of the later spinfishers of same size.  The gomexus handles are also considerably cheaper than the slammer handles.  

I use gomexus on my spinfishers and daiwa bg's, definitely an upgrade over factory in my opinion; especially as I cannot stand paddle "T" style handles. My only drawback is that the knob does get cold in the cooler months whereas the factory handle is rubber, but the round knob, longer length and overall feel give the nod to the gomexus.