Ultralight 8 ft rod

Rate this topic

snapper1

Hi all

Looking for a long casting ultralight spinning rod...Has to be 2 or more pieces...Jigs and spoons from 3-8 to 3-4 oz...6 lb test braid...

Any suggestions ?

Have a great fishing season

Thanks

8 mins ago, snapper1 said:

Hi all

Looking for a long casting ultralight spinning rod...Has to be 2 or more pieces...Jigs and spoons from 3-8 to 3-4 oz...6 lb test braid...

Any suggestions ?

Have a great fishing season

Thanks

look into rods marketed for salmon and steelhead fishing - lots of models out there that meet your criteria.

I've done stuff I ain't proud of, and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting.

Hi Snappy,

Look at salmon rods. They are long multi-piece lighter rods made for distance casting.You can also check out the lami xsra 1083 . It's rated to 1 1/2. It casts long and effortlessly from about 1/2 to 1 1/8. I have this one and love it. It's a a pleasure to fish.

I spent two years on a similar quest. The rod you seek is the 8ft Suzuki Special Ultra Light II. The 8'6" is even whispier. At 9ft the blank in this line changes and is heavier. But know these rods are engineered to a close tolerance and will fail when pushed beyond their range. The Weapon Junior is a step up in weight but throws 1/4 to 2oz very effectively. I broke my 8'6" Suzuki Special UL II twice and now use a 7'6" weapon Jr. with either a vr50 or the newly designed Shimano Sustain 3000. Covers all the bases I run from tossing little crab jigs to 1.5oz poppers. 

28 mins ago, snapper1 said:

Thank you all for your input. I'm really not familiar with that market, so I need to do my research.

Cheers

where are you located?

I've done stuff I ain't proud of, and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting.

3 hours ago, petespeak said:

I spent two years on a similar quest. The rod you seek is the 8ft Suzuki Special Ultra Light II. The 8'6" is even whispier. At 9ft the blank in this line changes and is heavier. But know these rods are engineered to a close tolerance and will fail when pushed beyond their range. The Weapon Junior is a step up in weight but throws 1/4 to 2oz very effectively. I broke my 8'6" Suzuki Special UL II twice and now use a 7'6" weapon Jr. with either a vr50 or the newly designed Shimano Sustain 3000. Covers all the bases I run from tossing little crab jigs to 1.5oz poppers. 

I broke my ss ul 8'6" twice aswell! 

I also now fish a wep Jr 7'10" and love it.  Seems we were on the same quest lol