Has anyone received a new reel from ZeeBaas lately ?

Rate this topic

JH64

I placed an order 7 month ago for a silver standard bailess 25 and after repeated emails phone calls and text messages to them about an eta on delivery have been ignored I'm not sure they are still in business. I don't know if when the reel is done they let you know send you tracking and weather or not the package needs to be signed for or one day who knows when you come home to a box at your front door? 

Still waiting for a year on a standard black 27.

Might take a drive up there. Apparently walking in the door is the only way to get a response.

I bet if you sent an email asking about a quote for an order they would get back to you in 15 minutes.

I contacted them trying to get a 27 multiple times. No response.... Ended up getting another Van Staal. Customer service goes a long way and they seem to not give a ****. 

The reels might be great, but you're certainly not the 1st, 2nd, or 10th person to have this issue with them.  

Do yourself a favor and get a van staal.  Its not the same exact reel, but the technology is gonna be on pretty much the same exact level.  The reels are immediately available all over and there are several service centers.  There have been instances where I wasn't 100% satisfied with the service and the techs paid for overnight shipping there and back again to get it resolved.  

7 mins ago, bbfish said:

The reels might be great, but you're certainly not the 1st, 2nd, or 10th person to have this issue with them.  

Do yourself a favor and get a van staal.  Its not the same exact reel, but the technology is gonna be on pretty much the same exact level.  The reels are immediately available all over and there are several service centers.  There have been instances where I wasn't 100% satisfied with the service and the techs paid for overnight shipping there and back again to get it resolved.  

I agree with bbfish. 

Serviced reels are being returned timely. I know demand has been steadily increasing for Zeebaas reels and they been producing them at a high pace. All while staying

within specs. and high quality standards. The waiting is the hard part but assured they'll get you you're reel once ready.

Some facts:  

1. Over the years, in general, it has taken 6 months to over 2 years to get a reel; pre-Covid, the average was about a year give or take a few months. There are some instances where someone backs out, gets refunded, and you skip ahead in the line. 

2.  Around 2016/17, I ordered a reel and just before the 12 month mark, I didn't want to wait longer.  He refunded my money without hard feelings.  No issues.  

3. Around 2018, I decided to order a reel. It took around a year - maybe a little less.  The reel is excellent. 

4. I have seen multiple instances where people report that the his price/build quotes for a reel go into their junk e-mail - so be aware of that.

5.  As far as tracking numbers, be sure to check your invoices.  My tracking number for my recent purchase was on my paid (final) invoice.  I need to go back and look regarding my 2019 reel as far as tracking for reels. 

6.  I text him around the end of this April, and each time he got back to me within 24-36 hours.  In less than a week from the first text, I had a new 25 spool and larger rotor with titanium rotor at my door.  See pics below.

7.  A good friend of mine just received his reel and recently had other work done to a different reel.   Like I said in the other thread - if you can be patient and consider it like working with a custom gunsmith, you’ll get your reel.  He has never taken anyone’s money to my knowledge. My other good friend also uses a ZB and he has had great service, too. 

I’m not here to say how anyone should spend their money or give an opinion on what’s best practices for customer service communication for a custom reel maker. I’m also not suggesting that anyone’s opinion is wrong at all.  Just providing some factual information.  Hope this helps.

Pictured below is my first invoice (I got a second invoice when I paid which had a tracking number).  And the spool and rotor that was to my door in less than a week.  

16AF00B4-F855-4D7E-BE56-AC5C48F46A62.jpeg

93E5DA0C-216B-4A3F-87E9-150D9C1ABA84.jpeg

Edited by GSB706z
Info added

1 hour ago, Busanga said:

Expensive reels for crap service... count me out.  

Maybe a used one ?

Reel service is excellent. No one will disagree that existing customers are satisfied. 

3 hours ago, JH64 said:

I placed an order 7 month ago for a silver standard bailess 25 and after repeated emails phone calls and text messages to them about an eta on delivery have been ignored I'm not sure they are still in business. I don't know if when the reel is done they let you know send you tracking and weather or not the package needs to be signed for or one day who knows when you come home to a box at your front door? 

I believed I offered to help you connect with them. 

I am not affiliated with them. I have ZB, VS, Visser, Stella etc. ZB is my favorite. When I drive through CT I stop by their shop and they are servicing reels, building reels, sorting parts from anodizer. They are very much in business and busy at work. 

34 mins ago, ged said:

Reel service is excellent. No one will disagree that existing customers are satisfied. 

Ah so is just once you have ordered a new one (with a deposit I assume) they don't bother to respond... 

People gotta calm down- they aren’t scamming you. It takes time, and they have had unprecedented delays, especially if you saw the previous post I said on another thread. 

*They will get you your reel*. It just takes time. Generally speaking, if they aren’t getting back to you, they may not be getting your emails. @JH64 If you don’t mind me asking, what is your name? You can DM it if you are comfortable sharing. I’ll personally ask them when I drop my reel off for service in a couple weeks. 

Also, generally speaking, the more patient you are with them, and the more positive and calm you are, its more likely you’ll get a quick response. Angry messages from customers are much harder to answer quickly, and require more thinking. You gotta remember that Ron is a normal guy, not a CEO of a massive multinational company. If you treat him well, he’ll treat you even better.  

1 hour ago, GSB706z said:

Like I said in the other thread - if you can be patient and consider it like working with a custom gunsmith, you’ll get your reel.

This is it right here. They will call you when they have a major update, such as all parts being available and being sent to the anodizer or if it is ready and they are confirming the address for shipping. 

If you want reels that are mass produced, stay with VS, but when you get your ZB, it will be your favorite reel. Quality takes time, and everyone who gets their reel says it was worth the wait.