Anyone trying for flounder on the North Shore?

Rate this topic

Got the boat in on mother's day for the shakedown.  Kids spring sport season is crazy but I have a couple hours tomorrow afternoon I might be able to sneak out. I've caught flounder in May in the past on worms and squid squirts. I wanted to try Gulp this year though I've this area it can be tough. What's working for those that have gone?

1 hour ago, d3souz4 said:

Got the boat in on mother's day for the shakedown.  Kids spring sport season is crazy but I have a couple hours tomorrow afternoon I might be able to sneak out. I've caught flounder in May in the past on worms and squid squirts. I wanted to try Gulp this year though I've this area it can be tough. What's working for those that have gone?

Food grade sea clams and chum em

53 mins ago, unskunk said:

the trouble is where to find seaworms on the North Shore........................

Went to Bridge road B&T. They were saying their main seaworm digger what supplies the surrounding passed away recently and no one wants to dig anymore. 

1 min ago, VitaminDee said:

Went to Bridge road B&T. They were saying their main seaworm digger what supplies the surrounding passed away recently and no one wants to dig anymore. 

I don't think Bridge St B & T is even open ?

I think he retired.................

7 hours ago, unskunk said:

I don't think Bridge St B & T is even open ?

I think he retired.................

It’s open. Surfland in Plum island, AL’s in Beverly and three latern Marine in Gloucester have worms.

Its the small white building across the street from FW Webb that kind of looks like someone had trailer issues pulling a single wide through Salem and just left it on the side of the road by the rail road tracks.

sam  

7 mins ago, sams said:

Its the small white building across the street from FW Webb that kind of looks like someone had trailer issues pulling a single wide through Salem and just left it on the side of the road by the rail road tracks.

sam  

Spot on description.

13 mins ago, sams said:

sam  

thats Bridge St Bait and Tackle.(and Darts)....... I knew the owner.....

Noel retired...................

No more..............

20 mins ago, unskunk said:

thats Bridge St Bait and Tackle.(and Darts)....... I knew the owner.....

Noel retired...................

No more..............

Oops.  I could never keep those two straight.

Noel also had the best deals on squid jigs.  I'll miss that place.

sam