So how about that X2?

Rate this topic

HYB_Living

Do we feel like the X2 has been around and fish hard long enough where it’s worth purchasing over scouring the internet for an older model?

I’ve personally stuck to my guns on my older staals but picked up the X2 100 this season and with the increased line retrieve it’s turned into my favorite reel.

Curious to see everyone’s thoughts if you were given the opportunity to purchase both reels for the same price and condition which would you grab first

Edited by HYB_Living

I'm loving the 50 sized X2, but it is a bit heavy. But rugged is always gonna = heavy. 

The only other VS choice in that size is the VR50 (I have 2) and as the current version requires a larger reel seat than any of the rods I want to put them on, I have no choice other than the 50X2.

i like the 100, 150 size i think they are improvements

i HATE the new 200. bigger than the old 250. 

if they really want to improve the 150, make one with a faster retrieve, ie what they did with the 100. then it would be more suitable for heavier applications, crosswinds, etc

Just now, MEF said:

i like the 100, 150 size i think they are improvements

i HATE the new 200. bigger than the old 250. 

if they really want to improve the 150, make one with a faster retrieve, ie what they did with the 100. then it would be more suitable for heavier applications, crosswinds, etc

I've been preaching the same thing to many. The new retrieve speed of the 100 makes it so special especially when fishing lighter braided line. I don't see the need for owning a 150 anymore which is a shame since the 200 and 250 got larger and heavier it would make the 150 such a more sought after size its just too damn slow for any sort of moving water

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

I'm loving the 50 sized X2, but it is a bit heavy. But rugged is always gonna = heavy. 

The only other VS choice in that size is the VR50 (I have 2) and as the current version requires a larger reel seat than any of the rods I want to put them on, I have no choice other than the 50X2.

I own the VR50 as well and its my go to albie reel due to it being the fastest retrieve VS. Seems like many are sold on the smaller sizes of the X2 its just a toss up if folks want to have a way larger and heavier 200/250. The X2 250 seems almost ridiculous to fish now

Edited by HYB_Living

I’ve been mauling mine since getting it in February and have no complaints. However, I hear a load of guys are opting for Visser lately and those are starting to make waves in the dependability department.

Aspiring Dayquil Pro-Staffer.

I purchased a 100X2 for the faster retrieve as well (have a vsx150 with an extended reel seat and power knob for comparison). I like the one piece body on the X2. The 100X2 is slightly heavier than my vsx150. I have to say it’s a hard call, I like both. I am using 20# braid on the 100X2 for open beaches and 30# braid on the vsx150 on jetties.

Edited by Kewanee

6 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Thinking about picking myself up a VR50. I can’t stand the 50X2, mainly since the bail arm is just far too big for the rest of the reel. If that was smaller, I’d think it was a pretty perfect reel. Just looks clunky with that huge arm. My personal gripe with it obviously, some may not care. I just think it ruins the whole “compact” feel of it, and the VR does it much better.IMG_9189.jpeg.1c50aa528144529565c945a69efcf897.jpeg

3 hours ago, ReelNerd said:

Thinking about picking myself up a VR50. I can’t stand the 50X2, mainly since the bail arm is just far too big for the rest of the reel. If that was smaller, I’d think it was a pretty perfect reel. Just looks clunky with that huge arm. My personal gripe with it obviously, some may not care. I just think it ruins the whole “compact” feel of it, and the VR does it much better.IMG_9189.jpeg.1c50aa528144529565c945a69efcf897.jpeg

That’s fair

I've had the x2 200 w/power knob for a year and half now and love it.  Gets dunked and in the sand still flawless.  My only thing is when I cast sometimes the line pick up swings around and grabs the line.  It's most likely operator error.  But other than that, smoothness of the drag, power and torque.. love it. Thinking adding a 150 to the lineup