Martin Barre

Rate this topic

9 mins ago, bob_G said:

Saw Tull in 1974 at Boston Garden.  Great show.  I think that was the year Barre joined the band.   Really underrated band.

Nah....he joined in 1969 for stand up (which may be my favorite album along with minstrel).  I saw them in woosta in 84.

Diversity makes us stronger!

11 mins ago, Billybob said:

I saw them a bunch of times in the 70's, is Ian Anderson dead?

No but he can't sing to save his life and should just stop.  Lemme find a clip.....it's embarrassing.

11 mins ago, fishinambition said:

I think he still runs marathons lol

In an interview he said he has a fatal disease.....COPD.  I love him but he's one of the more pompous pricks around.....he doesn't get along with martin either.

6 hours ago, HopHead said:

No but he can't sing to save his life and should just stop.  Lemme find a clip.....it's embarrassing.

He's got McCa disease.

"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to loose -- with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they may be .."

2 mins ago, Rocky_Point_Charlie said:

I saw him (Barre) at a small venue in PA not too long ago and was very glad I went. 

My wife surprised me with a pair of Robin Trower tickets today!

I tried to get him (trower) to play Whiskey Train one time I saw him. Small venue and I was right in front of the stage.  He just looked at me and smiled. lol

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around.