Best non-frog weedless, topwater bass lures

I’m up in New Hampshire and when I don’t have time to hit the salt, I sneak over to local ponds to bend the rod. These ponds have a ton of weeds taking up most of the water column, leaving few open water options.

frogs work but I am looking for options to throw to get through that thick vegetation and maintain presentation.

whopper plopper has been ok, but still very susceptible to picking up weeds just below the subsurface. 

Thanks in advance!

If you want to stay on top or just under one the "Toad Lure" is a good choice and rigs weedless well. If you are looking to get deep into the weeds I would fish a large worm with a pegged Tungsten Bullet weight to punch through the growth. Me I just keep fishing the frogs as I just love the explosions!

Lately In those situations I’ve been throwing unweighted albie snax.  They go over the weeds, and when you drag them over an open spot you can walk them a few inches underwater.

i love throwing frogs but I really stink at it- my hookup ratio sucks.

I bought some BPS tournament series floating lizards, 8'' and a great wiggle to them. Of course they're rigged weedless, on retrieve they might go 3'' below surface and slowly rise. I used them last week in an upstate NY reservoir and caught several SMB with them.  I imagine when the water warms just a bit more so will the hookups.

^^^^^^^^

or, floating trick worm texas rigged, simple 6-8" weightless texas rigged curly tail plastic worm, or a forgotten lure, the Johnson silver minnow spoon with a little strip of split tail pork or otter tail (just enough the split tails kick as the spoon wobbles, or any of the hollow bodied plastic jobbies (frog, mouse, etc).

11 hours ago, Stripernut1 said:

If you want to stay on top or just under one the "Toad Lure" is a good choice and rigs weedless well. If you are looking to get deep into the weeds I would fish a large worm with a pegged Tungsten Bullet weight to punch through the growth. Me I just keep fishing the frogs as I just love the explosions!

Thats going to be my first test… I have seen other guys throwin’ them and they look good… a little different look than the frogs I throw. Thx!

6 hours ago, richie c said:

I bought some BPS tournament series floating lizards, 8'' and a great wiggle to them. Of course they're rigged weedless, on retrieve they might go 3'' below surface and slowly rise. I used them last week in an upstate NY reservoir and caught several SMB with them.  I imagine when the water warms just a bit more so will the hookups.

Any weight added to them?

8 hours ago, Fitzy said:

i love throwing frogs but I really stink at it- my hookup ratio sucks.

6 hours ago, Beachbuster said:

Don't set the hook until you FEEL the weight and bend the hooks "up" slightly.  that should improve your hook up ratio.

yeah, really hard to do,   But like said,  not till you feel the weight. 
 I just keep going with the retrieve cadence. 
This also helps in not pulling away to far when they miss.  And usually come back for it.