Fuse Block

Rate this topic

Ran my test light directly from one of the batteries to test fuses and got pulsating hot reading on ground terminals. Having some intermittent with radio and courtesy lights and wanted to check things out. Why is there power back feeding into fuse block? Am I missing something?

Edited by afterhours

"A GAMEFISH (which striped bass should be) Is too valuable to be caught only once"...Lee Wulff

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty" - Thomas Jefferson

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help." Most dangerous words in the English language...Ronald Reagan

Aluminum or Glass boat? Outboard or Inboard? Hard to diagnose with just the little info you have provided. Check with a meter and see what the voltage is. Disconnect the radio and see if the issue is still there. Then do the same for the courtesy lights.

1 hour ago, MdCrappie said:

Aluminum or Glass boat? Outboard or Inboard? Hard to diagnose with just the little info you have provided. Check with a meter and see what the voltage is. Disconnect the radio and see if the issue is still there. Then do the same for the courtesy lights.

Fiberglass boat with outboard. Pulled all fuses one by one and still had same. Guess I have to get a new multi meter as mine is not working. 

"A GAMEFISH (which striped bass should be) Is too valuable to be caught only once"...Lee Wulff

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty" - Thomas Jefferson

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help." Most dangerous words in the English language...Ronald Reagan

1 hour ago, afterhours said:

Fiberglass boat with outboard. Pulled all fuses one by one and still had same. Guess I have to get a new multi meter as mine is not working. 

What happens if you pull them all at once? Also disconnect the outboard from the battery (both leads) and test.

On 5/15/2024 at 9:08 AM, MdCrappie said:

What happens if you pull them all at once? Also disconnect the outboard from the battery (both leads) and test.

Got back in there, when all pulled no power on neg bar. Before pulling them I read 12.5 on positive side and 10.5 on neg side. I'll guess I'll replace one at a time and see what happens. Thinking bad circuit or fuse block.

Bad ground in 8 pin connector.