Jighead in Paris

Rate this topic

While vacationing in Paris, I explored a fishing shop and tried my luck fishing near the Eiffel Tower's bridges. Last week, during my time in Portugal, I managed to catch some trigger fish using NLBN jigheads. I'm curious if anyone here has experience with these jigheads and if they're available online with shipping to the states. They seem promising for catching schoolies in the northeast. Has anyone tried them before or found them for purchase online? I grabbed a few to take home, as they appear unique and want to give them a go... Thanks!

IMG_6829.jpeg

IMG_6830.jpeg

IMG_6831.jpeg

Those are made by MajorCraft. You can buy direct from their website and they also have a list of tackle shops in the united states.

The lure is written as HAMAOH or HAMA-OH.

Swim and Distance seeker, BEACH KING "HAMA-OH" Debut!

The HAMA-OH debuts to dig flatfish point thoroughly. The combination of the special head that values flight attitude and the special worm that values swim makes it the BEACH KING! Automatically attract flounder with the rolling action head and wobbling action tail.

That's a very interesting eyelet. 

Also there is a guy on Reddit that does a lot of pike fishing on the Seine.  @BentHookzMA How did the water look? I was there in 98 and it looked like split pea soup, one day a boat and water skier went by. Even the spray was olive drab :upchuck:

Then I stayed in Auxerre on the Loire for a few months.  That water was alot better. Saw lots of fishermen, but never got a chance to fish. :violin:. Just work work work. 

Edited by PSeggs

On 5/14/2024 at 3:22 PM, JerseyJeb said:

Those are made by MajorCraft. You can buy direct from their website and they also have a list of tackle shops in the united states.

The lure is written as HAMAOH or HAMA-OH.

Swim and Distance seeker, BEACH KING "HAMA-OH" Debut!

The HAMA-OH debuts to dig flatfish point thoroughly. The combination of the special head that values flight attitude and the special worm that values swim makes it the BEACH KING! Automatically attract flounder with the rolling action head and wobbling action tail.

Thank you, I tried to look this up but could not find a way to get the lures delivered via shipping. I have yet to use them but they were so unique I grabbed a few jigheads and bodies. 

On 5/15/2024 at 1:00 PM, PSeggs said:

That's a very interesting eyelet. 

Also there is a guy on Reddit that does a lot of pike fishing on the Seine.  @BentHookzMA How did the water look? I was there in 98 and it looked like split pea soup, one day a boat and water skier went by. Even the spray was olive drab :upchuck:

Then I stayed in Auxerre on the Loire for a few months.  That water was alot better. Saw lots of fishermen, but never got a chance to fish. :violin:. Just work work work. 

Hey just got back a few days ago, the water was horrible it makes the Charles River water look drinkable. Sadly I did not catch any fish. I was also in Portugal and managed to get a few fish there, water was night and day compared to Paris. 

Don’t work too much! Time is limited…

I have yet to truly the jigheads but when I do I will make sure to give you a shout and let you know how I like them.