Liquid Membrane, Bathroom shower

Rate this topic

Tub and shower walls, anyone have any experience using the liquid membrane paint over green board for waterproofing the walls?

If you try to change it, you will ruin it. Try to hold it, and you will lose it.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

12 mins ago, Sandflee said:

Tub and shower walls, anyone have any experience using the liquid membrane paint over green board for waterproofing the walls?

We used a product.  If I recall, it was called Ardex or something. I will see if I can find it online or if I still have the box. 

5 hours ago, mybeach said:

Are you tiling the walls?

if the board isn’t up, use something called “go board” and you don’t need the membrane at all.

No Loki g for a cheaper alternative can you paint any color over the liquid membrane?

If you try to change it, you will ruin it. Try to hold it, and you will lose it.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

18 hours ago, mybeach said:

Are you tiling the walls?

if the board isn’t up, use something called “go board” and you don’t need the membrane at all.

Go board is great.  And you can carry three sheets upstairs by yourself.   Check it out if the board isn’t up.  Worth the price. 

10 mins ago, Patrick9915 said:

I would not recommend painting a shower.

so go board and tile?

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching