Soft shell Crabbing

Rate this topic

The method they use is not the most efficient for harvesting softies.   In Asia, they setup essentially “crab condo apartments”.  They use racks of parts bin containers, big enough for an adult crab bearing molting time.  Add water, an air stone in each.  The crab is there by itself so they never get into fights. It molts, they harvest, a new crab goes into the bin. Year round. 

looks something like this. 

D37F3A3C-4F36-4AAB-8C2C-4261BAE0D928.jpeg

Edited by EricL

haters will always hate. trolls will always troll. its how the internet works.

(previously known as 'ooeric')

I can't eat em. I just can't deal with the legs lol. 

"The toothless, braindead, *********, geriatric mouthbreathers around here love their "safe space". It is the only place in the world where they feel like winners, the gracious thing to do, would be to let them enjoy their delusional reality."

-Numbnuts

28 mins ago, EricL said:

The method they use is not the most efficient for harvesting softies.   In Asia, they setup essentially “crab condo apartments”.  They use racks of parts bin containers, big enough for an adult crab bearing molting time.  Add water, an air stone in each.  The crab is there by itself so they never get into fights. It molts, they harvest, a new crab goes into the bin. Year round. 

looks something like this. 

D37F3A3C-4F36-4AAB-8C2C-4261BAE0D928.jpeg

I'm sure that is efficent but it's also kind of sad in a way. 

"A land without memories is a people without liberty" - Robert E. Lee

20 mins ago, Mokes said:

They are like crabby flavored french fries. You'd love them. 

"A land without memories is a people without liberty" - Robert E. Lee

1 min ago, hhager23 said:

They are like crabby flavored french fries. You'd love them. 

My Brother was eating a softshell crab sandwich and the legs were poking out and I was like....

Awkward Lucille Ball GIF

"The toothless, braindead, *********, geriatric mouthbreathers around here love their "safe space". It is the only place in the world where they feel like winners, the gracious thing to do, would be to let them enjoy their delusional reality."

-Numbnuts

34 mins ago, Mokes said:

Do you shuck and eat raw oysters? How about sushi or sashimi?

Lightly dusted SSC fried in garlic butter is the best.

"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to loose -- with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they may be .."

1 min ago, JAL said:

Do you shuck and eat raw oysters? How about sushi or sashimi?

I like Spicy Tuna rolls. I can't do Oysters at all. It's like a huge snot to me. 

-Numbnuts

27 mins ago, Mokes said:

I like Spicy Tuna rolls. I can't do Oysters at all. It's like a huge snot to me. 

no SUSHI Spider rolls for you?

If you try to change it, you will ruin it. Try to hold it, and you will lose it.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching