best psi for the beach with P245/75r17 tires

I bought a 2023 Jeep Gladiator last month. Getting her ready for surf fishing. She has P245/75R17 on her. What would be a good PSI to run with for this size tire. My 2012 Jeep Liberty had 235/60R18 on her. I ran with 18PSI for the beach. Reason asking is the Gladiator is almost 4672 curb weight , the Liberty was only 3800 lbs. Would 18 still be ok for this truck. Thank you.

Capt, Frank Mundus. The man, the myth, the legand.

12-15 is your best bet. Just remember 18psi may seem fine but your putting more strain on the tranny and motor, better off taking the load off and letting the tires spread out as much as possible on the sand. You'll notice the difference driving at 15 from 18, 12 is low but again a bunch easier on the guts of the buggy.

"Thats as big as a fish that size gets" - Russ Wilson
RIP JM

It really depends how soft the sand is. Start at 18 and work your way lower. Those tires are kind of narrow for a heavy truck so you may need to go lower to get good flotation. 

5 hours ago, hunter123 said:

Then I'll go with 15 psi. I'll reset my deflators. Thanks all. I'm heading to A.I.MD this weekend.  Pick up my osv sticker and fish a little.  

Let us know how you do.

Always ran 15 because of sugar sand. 

The village, which had stood for maybe 1,000 years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had, they would have run. boB was at the eye of our rage. And through him, our Captain Ahab. He would set things right again. That day, we loved him.

Start with what you normally use.When you are on the sand drive along and let off the gas.If the vehicle continues to roll you are good.If it stops a few feet [or less] from letting off the gas you need to reduce the air a few pounds.All depends on the tires profile,sand,and vehicle weight combined.[Ex.] my 91 Wrangler was very happy with 8-10#.My 96 F250 was happy with 11-13# on Race Pt. Alot of the time I could ride in 2wd. Straining will do a job on the drive train.:howdy:

18 hours ago, Frank2104 said:

hunter.....did you get down to AI last weekend? How did the new buggy do?

No, I didn't, something came up. I'm heading down Friday after work. Sat I'll pick up my osv permit and take the truck on the beach and maybe fish for awhile. Then on Sunday . Monday I head back. I'll be heading down every weekend from here on in. I'll be bringing my surf gear with me each week till I have it all there. Once schools out , I'll spend the summer vacation there . We'll hook up once I get there .

Edited by hunter123
Capt, Frank Mundus. The man, the myth, the legand.