MB hardshell lobsters - $10.99 /lb

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, z-man said:

What happened to the days of $3.99, $4.99 and even $5.99 lobsters? I guess I’m not buying lobsters anymore. 

MB has good fresh haddock for around $10 per pound most the time and that used to be the price before as $5.99 lobster

1 hour ago, K Foley said:

MB has good fresh haddock for around $10 per pound most the time and that used to be the price before as $5.99 lobster

Well that would be supporting the commercial haddock fisherman fyi

For anyone within a half hour of Fairhaven/NB, the newly relocated Fisherman’s Market dropped the price of pound and a quarters to $9.99.  Personally I’d opt for the scallops at 19.99.

IMG_0572.jpeg.971581d647450dd1e810a88cf0281aef.jpeg

2 hours ago, FoulHooker said:

Well that would be supporting the commercial haddock fisherman fyi

If you are talking local haddock fisherman no I don't buy the trout size filets. MB's has large from Iceland. The local size most of the time are too small and those will probably be gone soon too.

2 mins ago, K Foley said:

If you are talking local haddock fisherman no I don't buy the trout size filets. MB's has large from Iceland. The local size most of the time are too small and those will probably be gone soon too.

This is for ICELANDIC HADDOCK COMMERCIAL FISHING:  Around half is caught by trawlers (demersal and pelagic ). These range from relatively small vessels operating closer to shore to large factory freezer trawlers that fillet the fish at sea, and freeze the fillets, heads and carcasses. Other fishing methods include longline , Danish seine, gillnet and handline.

Why not support the local USA fisherman by buying at the fish markets?

40 mins ago, FoulHooker said:

This is for ICELANDIC HADDOCK COMMERCIAL FISHING:  Around half is caught by trawlers (demersal and pelagic ). These range from relatively small vessels operating closer to shore to large factory freezer trawlers that fillet the fish at sea, and freeze the fillets, heads and carcasses. Other fishing methods include longline , Danish seine, gillnet and handline.

Why not support the local USA fisherman by buying at the fish markets?

Probably because the local USA fisherman have over fished the resource so the size is a fraction of what is used to be., Because they don't care and there is NO competent fisheries management. Iceland must be doing something right to have LARGE.:)

5 hours ago, JohnDe said:

For anyone within a half hour of Fairhaven/NB, the newly relocated Fisherman’s Market dropped the price of pound and a quarters to $9.99.  Personally I’d opt for the scallops at 19.99.

IMG_0572.jpeg.971581d647450dd1e810a88cf0281aef.jpeg

They were $17.99 last week. Man we're they :drool:.

The Sultan of Sluggo

1 hour ago, bob_G said:

They were $17.99 last week. Man we're they :drool:.

Do they still sell the pieces at a discount vs the whole scallops? There scallops are the best for sure. Besides being closer howvis the new market? I think he already owned the new location besides other places around NB.

19 hours ago, K Foley said:

Probably because the local USA fisherman have over fished the resource so the size is a fraction of what is used to be., Because they don't care and there is NO competent fisheries management. Iceland must be doing something right to have LARGE.:)

So now you are supporting the same fisherman from a different country to help deplete there resource and send them the money?  Man that's totally opposite of what I think is sustainable.  

4 hours ago, FoulHooker said:

So now you are supporting the same fisherman from a different country to help deplete there resource and send them the money?  Man that's totally opposite of what I think is sustainable.  

I don't care about the local fisherman. I wish them well nothing bad for sure. But all they do is take, take  and take nothing else. not to be confused with shellfish farmers they contribute to their catch. BIG difference. l'm lot going to buy an inferior product to support them that's all. Iceland so far does not seem to depleting the resource we shall see. Nice thick haddock fillets just as fresh as trout size filets I will take the large every time and not feel bad at ALL. You sure think different that's OK too. I just don't agree with most if not all your opinions and posts. By By

21 hours ago, K Foley said:

Do they still sell the pieces at a discount vs the whole scallops? There scallops are the best for sure. Besides being closer howvis the new market? I think he already owned the new location besides other places around NB.

No more scallop pieces, at least I'm not aware of?  Those were great. Super fresh, cheap.  Made excellent ceviche.

I've heard rumors a place in Fall River might still sell them. But at this point it's just a rumor.

The Sultan of Sluggo

21 hours ago, K Foley said:

I got some frozen pieces from MB the other day, it was $10 a pound.