MB hardshell lobsters - $10.99 /lb

Rate this topic

Price sounds average to high, $7.99 and lower are my target. I know they were high last year, guess thats the new going rate. 

Then I did buy a dozen blue crabs over the weekend, on the small side, the real disappointment was they were all females, should have noticed but the feller went in the back to bag them up and i didn't notice till I got home. Taste is ok but they are messy inside with lots of orange roe, not for me.

"Thats as big as a fish that size gets" - Russ Wilson
RIP JM

$5.99 is the goal here as well.  My wife does the shopping so I asked her what they were last time she bought them.   She said $5.99 was the magic number but she would go a bit higher.

Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?

2 hours ago, unskunk said:

MB price usually drops to $4.99 for a spell each year....(Aug, Sept)

Those are usually paper shells price. I love hard shell just for the yield of meat to weight. Paper shells tend to be filled with water inside the shell which you are paying for. Some like the favor of soft shells better but that is subjective. 

Firm shell lobsters that price wouldn't be great but good for the hard shell.  In my opinion the firm Box Grocery store lobsters totally suck compared to the local fish markets.  You get what you pay for.

5 hours ago, unskunk said:

MB price usually drops to $4.99 for a spell each year....(Aug, Sept)

Not last year, IIRC it was only down to $6.99 hard shell, that's when I bought them twice