Any aurora pics?

Rate this topic

I really dropped the ball last night. I was skeptical it would be as good as it ended up being. 

We went out on my front porch about 10:30 pm and was surprised to see it was visible despite all the light pollution. Couldn't get a decent view from all the trees in my neighborhood. By that time my youngest was already asleep. I was tempted to wake him up and drive to an overlook but decided not to. 

Big mistake. 

Just now, albacized said:

Not the greatest pics, but took these in Wayland 

IMG_0276.jpeg

IMG_0277.jpeg

IMG_0275.jpeg

I was counting on you. I actually figured you would have already started a thread of your own.

Do you think it will be as good tonight?

2 mins ago, mikez2 said:

I was counting on you. I actually figured you would have already started a thread of your own.

Do you think it will be as good tonight?

Supposedly not as strong of an event tonight, still good chance here in the north (possibly as far south as PA)

I got the swift of it around 11, but with the kids I couldn't leave them. Most good shots I've seen is facing NE. Couldn't see much in front of my house in Boston.

38 mins ago, mikez2 said:

Not very good tonight. At least so far. We couldn't stay out long and the constant traffic at the overlook just blinded us. You couldn't even see it with the naked eye but my phone got a little bit.

20240511_215232.jpg

We just got back in and didn't see anything - the clouds aren't helping tonight. Heard that the chances should pick up again tomorrow night (which is a change from what I heard previously, which was Friday night would be the peak and the chances would just diminish from that point)