May Reports Thread

Rate this topic

The Committee went into emergency session as soon as I advised them of @MC55 request. They advised that the geomagnetic storm, from 5 solar flares, that NOAA said should hit within the next 24 hours (this is actually supposed to occur), might shake things up. If that doesn't work, an enhanced sacrifice will have to be performed. They're debating what will be needed. 

On 5/9/2024 at 12:46 PM, KrocFoot said:

Its a divers stringer. Big stainless loop with a coil cable lanyard. Great for the yak. Amazon maybe 20buckish

20240507_112141.jpg

I like it, but I probably wouldn't get one cause I am trying to lighten the load when I go out fishing and it seems like whenever I bring a cooler or something assuming that I am going to catch something...  I inevitably get skunked.   

2 hours ago, lostinthewash said:

Outback was a nightmare for me this year very unusual. 

My theory is that the water has been too cold in the areas I key on for the worms to emerge. No worms, no fish. That simple. They're just shallow mud flats I'm fishing and no other reason for the stripers to be there other than a food source.  Once the water temps stablize around 55f-60f the worms will start to emerge, and hopefully before the upcoming full moon.

I just kept beating a dead horse hoping that I would catch a hatch sooner or later. Live and learn

1 hour ago, Whortleberry said:

My theory is that the water has been too cold in the areas I key on for the worms to emerge. No worms, no fish. That simple. They're just shallow mud flats I'm fishing and no other reason for the stripers to be there other than a food source.  Once the water temps stablize around 55f-60f the worms will start to emerge, and hopefully before the upcoming full moon.

I just kept beating a dead horse hoping that I would catch a hatch sooner or later. Live and learn

Cool hypothesis.

1 hour ago, Whortleberry said:

They worm guys are getting them. Jumbo bloods. Mucho denaro. 

3 hours ago, hobobob said:

They worm guys are getting them. Jumbo bloods. Mucho denaro. 

Met the guy who sells tape worms a few years ago. I think he charges 50 for a small container. He looked like he was working a strip club with the cash he had on hand. 

"With all things being equal, the simplest explanation tends to be the right one..."

(*member formerly known as 'adoboboy')

Just now, adobo said:

Met the guy who sells tape worms a few years ago. I think he charges 50 for a small container. He looked like he was working a strip club with the cash he had on hand. 

I've seen a few videos of some guys digging those tapes,  and man, they should charge crazy prices. It's back breaking, horrible looking work.  

That said, I'd never pay that for any bait lol. 

36 mins ago, Danny1199 said:

I've seen a few videos of some guys digging those tapes,  and man, they should charge crazy prices. It's back breaking, horrible looking work.  

That said, I'd never pay that for any bait lol. 

How much would you pay to be the only one catching on the whole area? 

3 hours ago, lostinthewash said:

Fished dead low to 3 hrs incoming managed 2 gators kept one for a friend who likes them personally I don't keep any over 24"

Chunk em , and throw em back out as bait.