May Reports Thread

Rate this topic

13 hours ago, KrocFoot said:

Put a few hours in front and back tonight. Nada a tap on plugs or rubber. But on a good note, starting out strong on the fluke. 

20240507_112152.jpg

20240507_112213.jpg

Nice ...   I was wondering what kind of stringer is that ? 

28 mins ago, UncleJohn said:

Nice ...   I was wondering what kind of stringer is that ? 

Its a divers stringer. Big stainless loop with a coil cable lanyard. Great for the yak. Amazon maybe 20buckish

20240507_112141.jpg

Edited by KrocFoot

2 hours ago, KrocFoot said:

Its a divers stringer. Big stainless loop with a coil cable lanyard. Great for the yak. Amazon maybe 20buckish

20240507_112141.jpg

Years ago I made my fish holder just like a killie trap snap, only larger, out of a 5gl bucket handle. Works great.

Late report.  2 very good nights of bassing last Thur and Fri in the back. OcCo.  Blurple swarter working.  1st time I've caught with em despite owning em for a few yrs.  

But more importantly check out who I heard on the radio on the way into work this AM.  

20240510_074049.jpg

"I was a waste of time dumbasses"  Sevenxseventy1

1 hour ago, fishless said:

Late report.  2 very good nights of bassing last Thur and Fri in the back. OcCo.  Blurple swarter working.  1st time I've caught with em despite owning em for a few yrs.  

But more importantly check out who I heard on the radio on the way into work this AM.  

20240510_074049.jpg

eels has powers...

Had hopes this morning that stiff NE wind and rolling surf would be the trigger to some activity.  Battled the wind and rain to no avail as the skunking continues.  Probably would have been smarter to go to some back water but still puzzled by the lack of fish out front in my area.  Guess I'll have to get in touch with @nam1969 to schedule some kind of ritual to shake this curse.

7 mins ago, MC55 said:

Had hopes this morning that stiff NE wind and rolling surf would be the trigger to some activity.  Battled the wind and rain to no avail as the skunking continues.  Probably would have been smarter to go to some back water but still puzzled by the lack of fish out front in my area.  Guess I'll have to get in touch with @nam1969 to schedule some kind of ritual to shake this curse.

Just keep at it no one had as bad a skunking as I did this spring until last Sunday. Though I did change from out back to out front. Maybe the opposite will work for you.

After spending countless hours out back with a big fat skunk, I made the decision to head out front and it paid off. 2 for 3 Tuesday night into daybreak. Healthy looking gorilla backs. Big wood as slow as you could reel and still feel the plug. Witnessed my first Fluke blitz on peanuts at dawn. Pretty cool to see.

22 mins ago, Whortleberry said:

After spending countless hours out back with a big fat skunk, I made the decision to head out front and it paid off. 2 for 3 Tuesday night into daybreak. Healthy looking gorilla backs. Big wood as slow as you could reel and still feel the plug. Witnessed my first Fluke blitz on peanuts at dawn. Pretty cool to see.

Outback was a nightmare for me this year very unusual. 

34 mins ago, MC55 said:

This is serious and goes beyond the normal chicken or goat sacrifices! This even exceeds Jobu's abilities to correct. I'll turn it over to the Committee for review. I suggest you check to see if your health insurance covers therapy for FDS (Fish Drought Syndrome).