May Reports Thread

Rate this topic

11 hours ago, Moffsho said:

Bag update: found the owner thanks to some help from this site and Facebook. The owner is on his way over now to get it. 

Your a good person!!! Hopefully some good comes your way in return. Id buy a lottery ticket!!!! 

13 hours ago, jerseystriper said:

Took another walk after dinner-

A bit of a rinse and repeat of previous time- took 11 foot switch rod with heavy sink line for the high tide- same results- two dinks- another fly guy had a nice fish/ bait showed up at the turn of tide- thought I’d stepped into it big time- not a touch- don’t have a parking pass so needed to get out before closing time- 

I was fishing in the same general area. Step on beach and within 20 minutes a spin fisherman hooked up on a nice bluefish. That was it, one blow up on the same fisherman's surface lure. About 12 guys fishless, headed home when the tide hit high. Great conditions for the fly rod but the ZERO is still my score this spring. 

I feel like by the time we get good weather and bait its going to be memorial day and the unwashed masses will once again take over the beaches. Missed a few good bites by mere hours or a tide but its been a complete ghost town by the time I show up. Worked a couple miles out back and out front yesterday and nothing at all. Even saw a small flock of terns try and feed on empty water. 

Last couple weeks been interesting. Blues and Bass outfront and back in multiple counties as everyone knows. Shad started to show up outfront this week for me. Couple weeks ago caught my pb Bluefish in terms of length at just about 40" or so. Dont carry tape measure and my rod mark put it around 40. With that said, it was skinny and barely put up a fight. Fish are around and will either tap my lures, or completely swallow. Bunker still very spread out.

10 hours ago, jcubelo23 said:

Is that an outcast surfster?

Yes sir. The lip construction sucks. Very fragile. But they work.

I recommend epoxying around the lip and under it. I spoke with outcast, to no avail.

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.

8 hours ago, Eeeeels said:

Yes sir. The lip construction sucks. Very fragile. But they work.

I recommend epoxying around the lip and under it. I spoke with outcast, to no avail.

I have the same one in the bunker pattern.  I’ve used it once and caught a gator blue on it.  I’ll keep in mind what you said regarding the lip!  Ty!