May Reports Thread

Rate this topic

17 hours ago, MC55 said:

I guess I will just add to the choir.  It still sucks out there.  Have been out a few times this week in multiple locations but they all resulted in the same skunk.  Have been tossing plugs, plastics, and the bugs but nobody home.  Surf conditions have been just fine.  Will give it a rest until Monday and hope for the best.

Are you declaring it over?

One clarification to your post; you lumped all of your daily skunks into "the same skunk." The Committee considers this a breach of etiquette. You should have posted it as an El Grande Skunk (several skunks in one).

God bless anyone pulling night shift tonight. Had a popular spot outback to myself this evening for the top of the tide for good reason, no fish. My hands were painful numb raw ice cubes after less than an hour.

On 5/3/2024 at 8:36 PM, jerseystriper said:

Took another walk after dinner- thought east wind would be a problem for the fly rod so took a 10wgt for the extra punch/ wind was not a issue-

managed two dinks for the effort- a spot west of me looked like participation was high- I stayed myself till towards the end when I had to look to see if I was missing something- didn’t seem like I was-  nice enough evening. 

Hmm I think I may have spoken to you last evening on your way out. If not than your report is eerily similar to someone else’s lol

1 hour ago, JerseyJeb said:

God bless anyone pulling night shift tonight. Had a popular spot outback to myself this evening for the top of the tide for good reason, no fish. My hands were painful numb raw ice cubes after less than an hour.

It's 50 degrees out. lol

55 mins ago, S Hook said:

It's 50 degrees out. lol

Rest of my body was fine, hands were not. I know from some of the glove threads on here I am not the only one who struggles with this. It's May dammit! Shouldn't have to keep the hand warmers and winter gloves at the ready. :) 

7 hours ago, JerseyJeb said:

I hear ya I started that thread same issue with my hands. I think I've wore gloves most of my outings this spring.

9 hours ago, JerseyJeb said:

Rest of my body was fine, hands were not. I know from some of the glove threads on here I am not the only one who struggles with this. It's May dammit! Shouldn't have to keep the hand warmers and winter gloves at the ready. :) 

Ha, ha, I know they can get pretty raw out there, especially as you get older, I think

6 mins ago, S Hook said:

Ha, ha, I know they can get pretty raw out there, especially as you get older, I think

Even when you’re younger, research Raynaud Syndrome , you may have more empathy with those that struggle in colder temps.

Edited by cartopper

"Starving dogs begging for scraps. The big picture is not important as long as we can get our scraps."