Are they here?

Rate this topic

A lobsterman said he graphed some schools of fish near the marker buoy. There were 2 boaters fishing around the marker . The boaters are pretty tight lipped, no one working the harbor

IMG_2097.jpeg

Baits been in for at least two weeks up here.   I bet holdovers are active in these warming days around the bigger rivers     A good push of fish around cape cod (small fish) a week ago 

water is still on the colder side 

I may wet a line around the 5th 

I’ve caught before in that timeframe 

jim 

[/sIGPIC]"Never let the truth spoil a good story"

I’ve been fishing for maybe a little over a week. Got on a good one, and it’s been skunk city since. Surprising lack of cormorants despite the bait being in. It’s certainly not thick, even the ospreys are crying “FEED ME!!!!”

Local fish are waking up...bait birds diving deep...going big with a Magic Swimmer in the rivers. This year I'm looking northward for Canadian stripers:I suspect those big fat and juicy 24-30 inchers I've been tracking for a few years are migrating south! So I'm going on a prospecting run up to Nova Scotia and see what's what.

2 hours ago, petespeak said:

Local fish are waking up...bait birds diving deep...going big with a Magic Swimmer in the rivers. This year I'm looking northward for Canadian stripers:I suspect those big fat and juicy 24-30 inchers I've been tracking for a few years are migrating south! So I'm going on a prospecting run up to Nova Scotia and see what's what.

Margaree Forks area on Cape Breton is awesome!

1 hour ago, stripedbassking said:

The Canadian fishery is very interesting 

If it was populated like off 95 the fishery would already been ruined. I already see 40” caught on bait in the rivers bleeding from the gills. Not even sure they migrate that far south. Protect your local river. Each river is a hub for returning and resident fish. Get rid of the dams and the meat fishermen.