Delmarva Fishin' Reports - May 2024

Rate this topic

As always, this is the place for your reports... as little or as much detail as you care to share, with hopefully a good bit less focus posted on exact spots, times, and locations. Any and all word from the local waters welcome here, and "no fish" reports are welcome as well; always good to have gotten out there at least, wasn't it?  ;) 

Its May, things are heating up!

Toggin' for us tomorrow morning. Gonna try splashing a few traps on the Assateague side and see what kinda crabs I come up with. I wish I had some urchins, the last 2 Tog we got have urchins in their stomachs.

"The sea, the great unifier, is man's only hope. Now, as never before,
the old phrase has a literal meaning: We are all in the same boat."
Jacques Cousteau

2 short Tog, no crabs, F Ocean City till September, that is all. White perch till then.

Jacques Cousteau

I finally found them on Wednesday, it was pretty quiet except for the usual skates, and then the fathom start screaming,nice bend on the rod adrenaline pumping,3 rocks all came in the same rod, I had two more rods very close but nothing ,30 to 40 minutes of good acción and after that stop and I had  to live too so who knows…

I haven’t post in a long time but I still remember the  good times when It was more sharing and more fishing tales 

IMG_5565.jpeg

Edited by marc74

4 hours ago, Saltfruit said:

Damn rob tell us how you really feel  :mad:

There was so damn much seaweed in the water you couldn't leave your line in for more than 2-3 minutes before you had to reel up and clear all the garbage off the line and bait. after 2 hours we packed up and headed out. Next weekend, Little Choptank here we come.

Jacques Cousteau

11 hours ago, ReeferRob said:

There was so damn much seaweed in the water you couldn't leave your line in for more than 2-3 minutes before you had to reel up and clear all the garbage off the line and bait. after 2 hours we packed up and headed out. Next weekend, Little Choptank here we come.

Ugly. I think I'm done with tog till fall too. We'll see how the bayside bite is next week

2 hours ago, Saltfruit said:

Ugly. I think I'm done with tog till fall too. We'll see how the bayside bite is next week

Some of the clumps were 2' and probably a pound. I find that the bite REALLY sucks for Tog on anything but a sunny day in OC. The days we've fished there that were overcast sucked. We'll see what the weekend brings, but if it's gonna be another seaweed fest I'm out till September when I can get some Sheepies.

Jacques Cousteau