Lucky squid fishermen

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, theshadow said:

Squid fishermen sank off Hyannis last night.All made it.Very lucky.

Recs or commercial? Not that it makes any difference. Prayers to them...

Pfantum Pfishah

19 hours ago, capequahog said:

23 ft StarCraft CC capsized , 4 people rescued, to CCod hospital for hypothermia, good job by rescuers multi responders , civilians and county

23' StarCraft is a substantial boat.  The news implied the boat sank while it was under tow.

The Sultan of Sluggo

1 hour ago, Richard_the_Aughth said:

Was it really rough out? I thought that only happens to boats in difficult conditions?

Stuff happens.  Boat hits a rock/jetty.   A line gets caught in the prop.   Wrong tide/right wind and the waves kick up. Mechanical failure. There are a million reasons other than weather for a boat to get in trouble

Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?

12 mins ago, bob_G said:

23' StarCraft is a substantial boat.  The news implied the boat sank while it was under tow.

So losing power and towing it will sink it? Just trying to find out what really went wrong

I just learned it was SeaTow that had the boat in tow when the sinking/capsize occurred.

That's odd because those SeaTow guys are normally well trained and have the right equipment on board to pull off a tow even under bad conditions.  

But if true, they did make a critical mistake by not insisting the passengers all put on PFDs before the tow even began.

The Sultan of Sluggo

1 hour ago, bob_G said:

I just learned it was SeaTow that had the boat in tow when the sinking/capsize occurred.

That's odd because those SeaTow guys are normally well trained and have the right equipment on board to pull off a tow even under bad conditions.  

But if true, they did make a critical mistake by not insisting the passengers all put on PFDs before the tow even began.

Be interesting to get the full story.  From what I read this weekend, it sounded like the boat went down and SeaTow was one of the first on scene to pluck the guys out of the drink.  Time will tell

Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?