PASurfer

Lure Building FAQs

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

Posts to this thread should be limited to past SOL "How-To" plug building thread links, that will help new/old builders in their search for answers. Like...

How can I through wire my plugs?

How do I make a through wired tail loop?

I know there's others... who's got them bookmarked? I think this was a great suggestion, that shouldn't go ignored.

I wish the site had an area not for asking questions but maybe step by step "how to" on plug building with lots of pictures. It would include enough info that a newbie could learn most of what they needed to know to start making plugs without searching all of the steps. And I mean everything from what type of wood to use for what style of plug, the best places to get wood redface.gif , how, why, and where to add weights and all the little thing that would make it easier. It would have different points of view because I know not everyone does it the same. And I'm sure TimS could find advertisers to pay for it.

Excellent idea Pasurfer. Hopefully one of the moderators can sticky this to the top of the forum for future reference. Here are a few I found:

Jigmaking step by step

How to do bottle plugs, step by step:

Center drilling on the lathe

Making a spray booth (part 1 of 2)

Making a spray booth (part 2 of 2)

List of sources for plug building materials

Jigman

I think that this is a good idea but I also feel new people will miss the something by not searching the forum. This forum has a rich history of talent that should be explored to get

the whole plug building forum experience.

Hey guys, thanks alot for this wealth on info. As a novice lure builder, I have searched this site at each step of the way to making my first plug. It's nice to have most of the construction info in one place. Thanks again.