Millions of them

Rate this topic

18 mins ago, b-ware said:

Where have you been, I made you a beautiful pen as a kickback for being my friend and then you don't come around.............

do you want more????????????

No No probably see you Saturday :kissthrow:

49 mins ago, z-man said:

How long has it been since fisherman couldn’t catch herring and feed them to the fish that are going to eat herring anyways?

It has to be around 20 years. About the same time most of the herring runs all up and down NE collapsed.

Twenty years later, plus a total ban on the taking of herring, and only the major runs on the Cape and southeast Ma have managed a modest recovery. Many of the smaller runs simply went away and will likely never recover.

The Sultan of Sluggo

8 mins ago, bob_G said:

It has to be around 20 years. About the same time most of the herring runs all up and down NE collapsed.

Twenty years later, plus a total ban on the taking of herring, and only the major runs on the Cape and southeast Ma have managed a modest recovery. Many of the smaller runs simply went away and will likely never recover.

I don’t think it was recreational fishermen that was the problem. Meanwhile commercial boats are still scooping up tons of herring at sea.