Help ID'ing pliers

Rate this topic

Kai123

4 mins ago, Wire For Fire said:

Crazy how just where the logo was is worn out 

Not really. It was cut into the anodizing, no protection there. 

Those pliers could break if used to cut a hook or if too much pressure was applied. 

ASMFC - Destroying public resources and fisheries one stock at a time since 1942.

These look like the original aluminam VS proto I was given. Eventually the handles broke in half from usage. VS made the switch to titanium afterwards and I had no issues with the replacement pair I was sent. The VS plier concept was originally our idea. I believe I had the very first pair.

1 min ago, John P said:

Normal use shouldn't break these, they weren't designed for cutting hooks or other heavy work.  I have bolt cutters for that type of stuff.

That's why they were redesigned. 

4 hours ago, John P said:

Normal use shouldn't break these, they weren't designed for cutting hooks or other heavy work.  I have bolt cutters for that type of stuff.

No, they weren't designed for cutting hooks but people did that and they broke. I also knew someone that broke a pair trying to remove a large treble, squeezed too hard and they broke. 

ASMFC - Destroying public resources and fisheries one stock at a time since 1942.

I wonder if mine breaks  they will give me a new titanium to replace it. Just kidding,the new version costs close to $400 bucks.I have a half dozen  doz fishing pliers that probably cost $500 together. They do their job.  BTW I'm a FAN OF VAN STAAL REELS.