Tica reels

Rate this topic

ReeferRob

Does anyone have any experience with Tica levelwind reels? I'm looking for a smaller levelwind for my wife and I'll listen to experience. It'll mainly be used for Tog, Black drum and Sheepshead so it's gonna need some chops.

"The sea, the great unifier, is man's only hope. Now, as never before,
the old phrase has a literal meaning: We are all in the same boat."
Jacques Cousteau

2 hours ago, ReeferRob said:

Does anyone have any experience with Tica levelwind reels? I'm looking for a smaller levelwind for my wife and I'll listen to experience. It'll mainly be used for Tog, Black drum and Sheepshead so it's gonna need some chops.

That depends on the models you have in mind.

The casting reels in the 400 series sizes are not the type I'd use for those fish you mentioned.

Those are the only models I have and used for quite a long time.

Tica builds high quality reels I can say that for them.

I've never used any of their bottom fishing reels although in description they have al the good stuff in them.

HH

An armed man is a citizen,,,an unarmed man is a subject,,,,,,,,

On 4/21/2024 at 6:54 PM, ReeferRob said:

Rob, get yourself a Kast King Rover. I got the 60 series which is between an Abu 6500 and 7000 series in size. Can't go wrong for $43.