Anyone have experience with Finseeker boats?

Rate this topic

Moffsho

Was down looking at a Parker 2300 SE with the wife yesterday and the salesman showed us a Finseeker 230CC. I had never heard of them before. Apparently owned by Crownline (relatively new/untested on the saltwater fishing scene). The Parker checks all the boxes from a fishing perspective, but my wife’s eyes immediately went to the Finseeker.

The boat itself strikes me as being a compromise between a true fishing boat, and a pleasure boat. I can see how many of the features are appealing to the wife (and kids). I’m open to the compromise there, but am a bit concerned with the extreme lack of info on these boats available online. No one I have spoken to has ever heard of them. 

would be interested to hear anyone’s feedback if they own/have been on one. Also, feel free to confirm that buying an unknown/unproven boat deserves the skepticism I have.

Thank you in advance—also if anyone has found a center console in 23-27 foot range that checks the boxes for both fishing and family needs open to suggestions!

6 hours ago, Moffsho said:

Was down looking at a Parker 2300 SE with the wife yesterday and the salesman showed us a Finseeker 230CC. I had never heard of them before. Apparently owned by Crownline (relatively new/untested on the saltwater fishing scene). The Parker checks all the boxes from a fishing perspective, but my wife’s eyes immediately went to the Finseeker.

The boat itself strikes me as being a compromise between a true fishing boat, and a pleasure boat. I can see how many of the features are appealing to the wife (and kids). I’m open to the compromise there, but am a bit concerned with the extreme lack of info on these boats available online. No one I have spoken to has ever heard of them. 

would be interested to hear anyone’s feedback if they own/have been on one. Also, feel free to confirm that buying an unknown/unproven boat deserves the skepticism I have.

Thank you in advance—also if anyone has found a center console in 23-27 foot range that checks the boxes for both fishing and family needs open to suggestions!

Most of the center consoles in that size range can do both. They do all the cushions and stuff in the bow. If you can take it all out on fishing days it works. 

On 4/21/2024 at 4:05 PM, Moffsho said:

Also, feel free to confirm that buying an unknown/unproven boat deserves the skepticism I have.

Confirmed.

I don't know the boat.

It's possible that it's a good hull.  After all, even the great boats had to start somewhere.

But if you don't know it, there are grounds for concern, particularly if the price seems a little low for what you're getting.  Parker is a known value.  The new boat is unknown, and without knowing ALL of the details, from designer to the folks behind the startup to the manufacturing process and the components used, it is wise to proceed with caution.

"I have always believed that outdoor writers who come out against fish and wildlife conservation are in the wrong business. To me, it makes as much sense golf writers coming out against grass.."  --  Ted Williams

Thanks for the reassurance. If anything I thought the price was extremely high….the wife really liked this one but it has been crossed off the list. Too much $$$ to go into it with doubt.

appreciate the feedback.