Plug ID

10 hours ago, vineyardblues said:

Very cool “rabbit” bluefish plugs 

they look home made from the fishermans magazine articles from Jack Frech. 
love the gill marking ! 

I was looking at the Gibbs rabbit plug before posting this. I figured they were a homemade version. I remember getting something similar at a yard sale on Nantucket, but they didn't have the lead in them. These are much heavier.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

-Doug Larson

They do look garage made to me. Pretty simple design I might even be able to make one hahahaha 

even the best lure makers made them. I mean what will a Bluefish not eat. Here are a few Steve Sylver/Capesams rabbit plugs 

IMG_6447.jpeg

Well now I want to make a bunch! Can you guys help me with the specs on the gibbs rabbit?!

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

-Doug Larson

here is an older thread that had contained all the Jack French articles, for some reason the download links aren't working for me at this time, looks like Tim S. had fixed the issue in the past, maybe he can assist again if you are interested in these, or if someone else has the files that they could share.