Decent BBQ on LI

Rate this topic

Hard to come by, but there's a new joint near me that deserves mention. Struggletown BBQ, 1028 NY-25A, Mt. Sinai NY.

Gluten free beers that are worth drinking are also hard to come by. Pale Ales are not to my taste with ribs.

32 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Ahhh, that one I don't know.

Tonight's meal was very pleasant. Burnt pork ends, ribs, a few chicken wings, beans. Primitive me is gratified.

The fuse is lit, glad I’m not hanging with you later!

1 hour ago, BrianBM said:

Ahhh, that one I don't know.

Tonight's meal was very pleasant. Burnt pork ends, ribs, a few chicken wings, beans. Primitive me is gratified.

I was just about to make a PB&J sandwich, now you got me thinking about my lonely smoker sitting outside, with the slow cook of pork & beef ribs, not too mention the obligatory brisket and the burnt ends that naturally come with it. Thank you for opening the :worms:, lol... As for retail BBQ, Maple Tree & Smokin' Al's in Massapequa are two of the best that I've had. There is Dang's BBQ, a few locations on the Island. While good, but not as good as the two afore mentioned. 

Edited by Fishtale7

- Life is a waiting room, I hope they don't call me soon...... 

- Thomas Jefferson - "The course of history shows that as government grows, liberty decreases"

Our flag doesn’t fly because the wind that moves it. It flies with the breath of every fallen solider who protected it.

Smokin Al’s is good eats. Place called Big Beiiy Que is trying to make a go of it in Smithtown. They need to fine tune things some..

I'll ignore your cheap aroma,

and your little-bo-peep diploma,

I'll just put you in a coma,

with some dirty love-

Idk I grew up like 5 min from smoking Al’s been going there since it opened ..  While it’s decent I don’t think it’s anything to write home about … gonna have to try struggletown it’s not to far from where we live now 

Edited by Wire For Fire

37 mins ago, Wire For Fire said:

Idk I grew up like 5 min from smoking Al’s been going there since it opened ..  While it’s decent I don’t think it’s anything to write home about …

Only went there once - that was enough. Smokeless Al’s is what I call it. If I can’t smell the pit from down the block, I’m not interested ;-). 

22 mins ago, vinnyb said:

Only went there once - that was enough. Smokeless Al’s is what I call it. If I can’t smell the pit from down the block, I’m not interested ;-). 

Agree definitely lacks smokeyness .. it used to be kinda cheap and could get so fat for short money .. I’m sure these days it’s not the case anymore .. 

Smokin' Al's had a location in Bay Shore for awhile. I liked it.

Barbeque is not something for fussy eaters. It's the sort of sloppy fun that inspires your inner toddler. My bride thought the ribs were fatty ( ....... so?) and is sure that the saucing on the burnt pork ends was bound to be b ad for me (gluten) but I felt fine, then and thereafter (burp.) She admitted to liking the chicken wings.

The day after, I'm still happy.

24 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Smokin' Al's had a location in Bay Shore for awhile. I liked it.

I remember some jazz about the smoke from Al’s vented in Bay Shore. I think thats why they were shut down.

I'll ignore your cheap aroma,

and your little-bo-peep diploma,

I'll just put you in a coma,

with some dirty love-