Jump to content

Kayak racks

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

Funny, I was looking at cross members for my roof rack just this morning. specifically to get my kid's kayak up to Canada in July. New rig doesn't have them.

ETA: I think that will work perfectly, Jon.

Edited by MikeMc

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 mins ago, MikeMc said:

Funny, I was looking at cross members for my roof rack just this morning. specifically to get my kid's kayak up to Canada in July. New rig doesn't have them.

ETA: I think that will work perfectly, Jon.

I put mine together with some trial and error - so when @Terry Mac got his 4Runner, I just sent him a list of the parts from Amazon and he put the same rack on and said it's perfect. If you'd like I can list the pieces/parts I got from Amazon for it. I can fit two yaks on it without a problem. 

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TimS said:

I put mine together with some trial and error - so when @Terry Mac got his 4Runner, I just sent him a list of the parts from Amazon and he put the same rack on and said it's perfect. If you'd like I can list the pieces/parts I got from Amazon for it. I can fit two yaks on it without a problem. 

 

Sure.

Ones I saw were under 2 bills and look like they extended to the edge of the roof. 

Others were over $500

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Just now, MikeMc said:

 

Sure.

Ones I saw were under 2 bills and look like they extended to the edge of the roof. 

Others were over $500

 

The good news is that they'll fit and work the first time...I had to order and send back pieces and parts until I got it right :laugh: Here's the list:

 

YAKIMA, RoundBar Crossbars for Roof Rack Systems, Set of 2, Medium (58")

YAKIMA, RoundBar SL Adapter to Attach StreamLine Towers to RoundBar Crossbars, Set of 4  **these presently appear to be out of stock at the moment

YAKIMA, TimberLine Tower, Expanded Carrying Capacity for Factory Racks, 4 Pack

 

 

The bars are 58", they extend beyond the roof on both sides. 

 

 

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...