Now you know why we have so many seals it's because we have so many sand eels

Rate this topic

codfish

What Do Seals Eat?

Marine biologist Kristen Ampela’s 2009 Ph.D. thesis on the diet and foraging of grays seals is frequently cited in literature. Through scat analysis and necroscopies performed on the stomach contents of bycaught seals from commercial fishermen, Dr. Ampela concluded that 53 percent of the gray seal diet consists of sand lance (sand eel) and 29 percent from flounder, hake, and cod. Stripers barely showed up as a blip in her study, but that doesn’t mean seals won’t eat stripers.

I think we can all agree if there is 1 bait fish that every thing that swims in the ocean eats it's sand eels:th: what will be your go to lure to match the sand eel this year??

2 hours ago, codfish said:

What Do Seals Eat?

Marine biologist Kristen Ampela’s 2009 Ph.D. thesis on the diet and foraging of grays seals is frequently cited in literature. Through scat analysis and necroscopies performed on the stomach contents of bycaught seals from commercial fishermen, Dr. Ampela concluded that 53 percent of the gray seal diet consists of sand lance (sand eel) and 29 percent from flounder, hake, and cod. Stripers barely showed up as a blip in her study, but that doesn’t mean seals won’t eat stripers.

I think we can all agree if there is 1 bait fish that every thing that swims in the ocean eats it's sand eels:th: what will be your go to lure to match the sand eel this year??

Are you looking to catch a seal?

They’ve become so overpopulated and have learned to follow fishermen and wait for an east hooked meal, hooked stripers are easy money for the seals, just fish the cape for a day and you’ll see it first hand…they eat a ton of albies and bonito too… they’ve become very aggressive as well. Need A LOT more sharks and fast!

but I guess to more of the point of your post, love a thin metal or a thin rubber bait for a sand eel imitation 

Edited by stripedbassking
GOD made my Mold different from the rest, Then he broke that mold so I know I'm Blessed.

4 hours ago, stripedbassking said:

They’ve become so overpopulated and have learned to follow fishermen and wait for an east hooked meal, hooked stripers are easy money for the seals, just fish the cape for a day and you’ll see it first hand…they eat a ton of albies and bonito too… they’ve become very aggressive as well. Need A LOT more sharks and fast!

but I guess to more of the point of your post, love a thin metal or a thin rubber bait for a sand eel imitation 

Throw in some orcas too,,,,

HH

An armed man is a citizen,,,an unarmed man is a subject,,,,,,,,