I've had it with the landscaper ! Now I have to buy a mower.

Rate this topic

Sudsy

On 4/18/2024 at 4:06 PM, junkfish said:

Bought a Honda HR215 in 1989.   It starts on the 2nd pull every time.  I cut my grass in the lovely state of NJ every week from the end of April til November when the stripers show up.  Good luck!

Are you allowed to put your own gas in the mower in NJ ??

On 5/3/2024 at 11:24 PM, Jimichanga said:

Are you allowed to put your own gas in the mower in NJ ??

Attendants put it in the can and after passing a training course and obtaining a license, I can then safely put the gas in my mower! :wag:

After gumming up a few small gas engines using stabilized ethanol fuel I’ve gone to using the same Non-ethanol 89 octane I use for my Yamaha F150.  Haven’t had a single issue in any of them since the change, and I only have to keep one type of gas now (and non-ethanol stores longer too).  I did buy an EGO string weeder and like it, when my chainsaw goes I’m getting a EGO chain saw as well.

• 1 month later...
On 4/17/2024 at 5:53 PM, Sudsy said:

I stepped into a deal I couldn't say no to. Just got back from picking up a Honda Quadracut with new blades.

The guy has a postage stamp yard, this thing is like new.

Knowing my luck with small gas engines, it'll be dead in a week

On 4/17/2024 at 6:53 PM, CapeDave said:

So way to go Clara! 

Keep fresh fuel in it and it will run foreva!

On 5/2/2024 at 7:20 AM, Baccigalup said:

Always Fresh gas and dont leave any gas for winter.  Let it run dry before you store it.  I pay the extra money whenever i go upstate and fill my gas cans with stewarts ethanol free gas. Its all i use in my small engines now. The ethanyol crap we have now just kills engines if you dont treat them  regularly with a good gas treatment.  With ethanol free i dont have to dry store anything. Carbs will love you for it.

You'd be best getting a 5 gallon gas can, fill it up and add a few ounces of stabiliz to it. It will help keep the engine running smoothly.

Jerry I seen your property, 1 gallon is fine, add the stabil to the gas can,  run it dry for the winter, little spray oil on the linkage and or moving parts, you should be fine. Oh, change the oil, and clean the the deck of the old dried on grass, sharpen the blade,  when you lay it up.