I've had it with the landscaper ! Now I have to buy a mower.

Rate this topic

Sudsy

Came back from a few days away to find that the idiot with the weed whacker had mowed down the wife's whole perennial flower garden - and missed all the grass in front of it. and just about everywhere else in the yard!

If I'm not hovering there telling them to go and actually cut the foot high grass along the fence they just skip by it. They do such a crappy job that I bought a weed wacker a few weeks ago so I can get what they miss.

This is the second time they've wacked down one of my wife's flower garden areas, I'm pissed. I'm actually looking forward to firing them tomorrow. Should have done it years ago but figured 6 of one, half dozen of the other with these companies.

Plus they just raised the price considerably (which I can't totally blame them for) but we put in a big vegetable garden area and a big patio so a large amount of the back yard no longer needs to be cut, and they don't weed whack around it for sh#t anyway so.....

I'm retired, have the time - eff it, I'll cut the damned lawn myself - but now I need a mower

Those of you who have seen some of my posts in this forum know that small gas engines and I do NOT get along - so I'm thinking electric.

I'm assuming they're lighter than gas and my yard is pretty level so no need for a self propelled.

Greenworks? EGO ? Stihl ? Or are the ones at Home Depot OK, Ryobi, Dewalt..... Like to keep the price under $500

I know so little about this that I don't even know what questions to ask

Edited by Sudsy

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

6 mins ago, 27conch said:

I don't know anything about electric mowers, but gas ones are really reliable.  I haven't changed the spark plug or oil in years and mine starts up every year with no issues.

Mine won't, I can guarantee that

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

i bought a used 42" cut craftsman tractor mower from a repair shop for $600.

replace the 12v starter battery every 3 years is all i've needed to do.

bought a small garden trailer to haul stuff around the garden.

Posted (edited)

I stepped into a deal I couldn't say no to. Just got back from picking up a Honda Quadracut with new blades.

The guy has a postage stamp yard, this thing is like new.

Knowing my luck with small gas engines, it'll be dead in a week

Edited by Sudsy

So way to go Clara! 

Keep fresh fuel in it and it will run foreva!

There's no need to blow smoke up my ass as a lengthy preamble to your insulting another person. It doesn't fool anyone and it doesn't garner any favor.

TimS ---Tim To Otshawytsha October 16 2018 #3956

Always Fresh gas and dont leave any gas for winter.  Let it run dry before you store it.  I pay the extra money whenever i go upstate and fill my gas cans with stewarts ethanol free gas. Its all i use in my small engines now. The ethanyol crap we have now just kills engines if you dont treat them  regularly with a good gas treatment.  With ethanol free i dont have to dry store anything. Carbs will love you for it.

You'd be best getting a 5 gallon gas can, fill it up and add a few ounces of stabiliz to it. It will help keep the engine running smoothly.

I'll BE PULLING ON MY ROD - TILL THEY LAY ME IN SOD!!!!!