Fair warning — about to lose a great drive up spot

Rate this topic

Will be vague enough to try and not spot burn a very obvious spot outback in NoMo.

Been fishing a very popular spot this week at certain beach club parking lot next to a restaurant out back in NoMo.

Last week was fishing there on outgoing in the afternoon and the club manager come over to clean up the area. He had mentioned the property owner is starting to get irritated with how much trash is being left behind and politely request to make the place nicer when you leave then when you arrive.

Tonight a restaurant employee came out and said the restaurant had requested that the local police start enforcing trespassing and that signs will be going up shortly. Apparently the night before some people decided to get inebriated and start fighting.

So fair warning. I enjoy spending the time out there with y’all but would hate for anyone to get mixed in the wash. Hopefully this will all blow over as quickly as the incoming storms.

9 hours ago, DrBfloatslures said:

Will be vague enough to try and not spot burn a very obvious spot outback in NoMo.

Been fishing a very popular spot this week at certain beach club parking lot next to a restaurant out back in NoMo.

Last week was fishing there on outgoing in the afternoon and the club manager come over to clean up the area. He had mentioned the property owner is starting to get irritated with how much trash is being left behind and politely request to make the place nicer when you leave then when you arrive.

Tonight a restaurant employee came out and said the restaurant had requested that the local police start enforcing trespassing and that signs will be going up shortly. Apparently the night before some people decided to get inebriated and start fighting.

So fair warning. I enjoy spending the time out there with y’all but would hate for anyone to get mixed in the wash. Hopefully this will all blow over as quickly as the incoming storms.

When I'm done fishing out back and walking back I always try to grab some garbage left behind. It's not much but every little bit helps. With what I see in some areas it's no wonder we're losing access. What I don't get is you carried it in when it was heavier why can't you carry it out.

And this post does what to correct or help the situation?  Other than drawing more attention to this particular spot . . . fishermen, have been and will always be their own worst enemy.  

"Starving dogs begging for scraps. The big picture is not important as long as we can get our scraps."

2 hours ago, lostinthewash said:

When I'm done fishing out back and walking back I always try to grab some garbage left behind. It's not much but every little bit helps. With what I see in some areas it's no wonder we're losing access. What I don't get is you carried it in when it was heavier why can't you carry it out.

From what ive seen, some (many?) fishermen are just lazy and couldn't be bothered with picking up after himself or anyone else after the fishing session is over. 

Pfantum Pfishah

I have lived within walking distance from that place for the last 27 years I have never seen anything like the circus that is going on there now. An I do drive by there at least twice a day every day.

1 hour ago, mike07gsxr said:

All u googans gotta stay outta there and let the original o.g's fish in peace. 

Or maybe take a look, see there's 3 people already there, and move on.   That would be far too selfless with todays crowd. Used to be that the mouth breathers only came out of the woodwork for blitzes, now they're swarming what used to be relatively quiet locations and getting them shut down.

1 hour ago, cartopper said:

And this post does what to correct or help the situation?  Other than drawing more attention to this particular spot . . . fishermen, have been and will always be their own worst enemy.  

just trying to help those good fisherman who wanted to respectfully take part from unexpectedly getting a trespassing ticket.

also highlighting how a few shorts can ruin the fun for all — hopefully so the next spot won’t get lost.

5 mins ago, DrBfloatslures said:

just trying to help those good fisherman who wanted to respectfully take part from unexpectedly getting a trespassing ticket.

also highlighting how a few shorts can ruin the fun for all — hopefully so the next spot won’t get lost.

Fair enough and appreciate your concern . . . Though I’m sure signs will be posted and gate closed.

Though admirable, there’s no public notice that will stop a-holes from being a-holes.  Fisherman have been losing access because of their disrespect and disregard for at least the last 50 years I’ve been fishing the area.  

"Starving dogs begging for scraps. The big picture is not important as long as we can get our scraps."

i used to freshwater fish at a spot as a young man that was off limits. a private pond that belonged to a church and hatchery. . fishing was great, picks, LMB, perch. had to be very low key and shoreline in the brush was a must to stay semi hidden.

long story short that only lasted for a year or so, i got busted, told that the police are on their way.

the only reason they didn't press charges was that i always picked up litter, styrofoam nightcrawlers cups, old line and lure packages and stuffed them in my cargo shorts pockets. i showed them this and the junk i had in my pockets and said no charges. they appreciated it and we were cool after that.

never went back, i should not have been there in the first place.   

17 mins ago, bbfish said:

Or maybe take a look, see there's 3 people already there, and move on.   That would be far too selfless with todays crowd. Used to be that the mouth breathers only came out of the woodwork for blitzes, now they're swarming what used to be relatively quiet locations and getting them shut down.

Time to sell the gear.  

"I was a waste of time dumbasses"  Sevenxseventy1

1 hour ago, cartopper said:

Fair enough and appreciate your concern . . . Though I’m sure signs will be posted and gate closed.

Though admirable, there’s no public notice that will stop a-holes from being a-holes.  Fisherman have been losing access because of their disrespect and disregard for at least the last 50 years I’ve been fishing the area.  

Just had lunch there with my wife, can confirm the lot is gated off.  I was told that police were making people leave last night and that starting today they'll be writing trespassing tickets.  

Congratulations to everyone who contributed! 

1 hour ago, fishless said:

Time to sell the gear.  

You don't want me crashing the tackle industry with my stockpiles.