Request for Feedback/Information

Rate this topic

You mean A.I.VA. No  salt water License needed. If you have a MD coastal saltwater Lic your in. You will need a VA number , it's free. You can't drive the beach onless you have a OSV tag, it's $110.00 and good for MD and VA. But you will be able to fish the beaches near the parking lots. I would stop at Capt Steves Bait ans tackle in Chincoteague for bait and some great info. I don't like using frozen bait, If I can't get fresh bunker, I use Fish bites, then when I catch a spot, whiting, I use them for my cut bait. Right now , black drum, skates, and sand sharks.  Red drum should be comming soon, also stripers. I soak bait there but also do a lot of plug casting. Tight lines

Edited by hunter123
Capt, Frank Mundus. The man, the myth, the legand.

2 hours ago, CrappieAttitude said:

Will sand fleas be available this early?

Yep, they've been digging them for 2+ weeks.

You can toss some clams too, I've never personally tossed them only because peelers and fleas are my go to

Wrong thread.

Edited by ReeferRob

"The sea, the great unifier, is man's only hope. Now, as never before,
the old phrase has a literal meaning: We are all in the same boat."
Jacques Cousteau

So made it to the Chincoteague Wildlife Refuge today for several hours of fishing the outgoing tide.  I used peelers, sand fleas, shrimp and sandflea Fishbites.  Not a nibble - but it felt great to be on the sand!

Ironically, as I was leaving Captain Steve’s, someone was bringing a nice black drum for weighing and pics - looked to be about 28 inches and was still wriggling!