Stuck 2 piece rod - Final solution

Rate this topic

EricDice

Yeah luckily didn't have to resort to EricDice's plan but it's a pretty good one. Ultimately was able to separate rod by following the ODM manufacturer advice which was the tip side held stationary with some grip aid materal(tape or rubber pads) by one person and the other person turns the butt section without pulling on it in the opposite direction that you put the rod together in. 

It seemed to work pretty easy and without a whole lot of torque required. 

I did try twisting by myself but that didn't work. 

7 mins ago, extreme fisherman said:

Strap wrench 

Had that on list but the ODM technique worked with a combo of duct tape and rubber pads for getting the nonslip grip and I guess hands alone produced more than enough torque. Did you ever use a strap wrench on a stuck rod? Just curious for future reference like. 

4 mins ago, TopStriperAngler said:

Had that on list but the ODM technique worked with a combo of duct tape and rubber pads for getting the nonslip grip and I guess hands alone produced more than enough torque. Did you ever use a strap wrench on a stuck rod? Just curious for future reference like. 

that was like glued from weter minerals,only way to get that a part is twist,you brake the glue there,strap wrench has more power than hand.they separate shotgon barels with that ,they are sealed  with rust.

1 hour ago, TopStriperAngler said:

Yes I have used this in the past on my two piece tuna spinning rods . Works great 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2024 at 2:24 PM, TopStriperAngler said:

Yeah luckily didn't have to resort to EricDice's plan but it's a pretty good one. Ultimately was able to separate rod by following the ODM manufacturer advice which was the tip side held stationary with some grip aid materal(tape or rubber pads) by one person and the other person turns the butt section without pulling on it in the opposite direction that you put the rod together in. 

It seemed to work pretty easy and without a whole lot of torque required. 

I did try twisting by myself but that didn't work. 

Before you put it together again, rub some nose oil on the male part or some ear oil.

No more probs,,,,

HH

An armed man is a citizen,,,an unarmed man is a subject,,,,,,,,

1 hour ago, Heavy Hooksetter said:

Before you put it together again, rub some nose oil on the male part or some ear oil.

No more probs,,,,

HH

Ear wax!! Why didn’t I think of that??!!