Cortland braid?

Rate this topic

Cortland was what I used from the bridges. Stuff was incredible for that- and it came in white so I could see exactly where my jig was. I personally think it's not supple enough for most surf fishing especially when you need to throw light stuff at distances.  There are better casting braids.

I just finished spooling up my fluke reel with cortland. Obviously have not used it yet, but I have also heard good things about it and the primary tackle shop I go to uses it to spool up reels they service unless you specify something else, so they think it is pretty good.

It is a little more rough on the hands, which I found out cintching down an FG knot, but it seems very strong for its rating.

I've been using it for a couple of years. The guys in the tackle shop turned me on to it and I've haven't looked back. I don't like to fuss with comparisons, it does what it is suppose to do, no wind knots , and knots hold well. Castability is good so in my opinion it checks all the boxes for me.  

Cortlands pretty rough, kind of wirey, and sometimes tough to tie knots on (in the heavier #).

The black braid is now discontinued because the dye bled/stained the hands really badly.

Never tried other colors so idk how those dye colors perform.

It IS also $$$.

Great for rocks, and supporting US based brands though.