turkeys by the yard full

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, FoulHooker said:

Should be a problem to shoot a turkey during turkey season unless your vegan

You think the only reason someone wouldn't want to kill a wild animal is because they are vegan? That's ridiculous.

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

2 hours ago, FoulHooker said:

I'll try again because my originally post didn't make it.  When you get older do you really lose the desire to hunt these animals or is it do to physical limitations? 

Its a good question, serious answer.  I think at least in my case it's more.... " Been there done that "

Deer hunting was great, Turkey hunting was great, Striper fishing was great, younger days ,Motocross, Trapping, Golf all great. Coaching youth sports as my family grew great stuff......etc.

Life is short, I've never minded turning the corner to the next thing to keep it interesting.

43 mins ago, Plug and teaser said:

Its a good question, serious answer.  I think at least in my case it's more.... " Been there done that "

Deer hunting was great, Turkey hunting was great, Striper fishing was great, younger days ,Motocross, Trapping, Golf all great. Coaching youth sports as my family grew great stuff......etc.

Life is short, I've never minded turning the corner to the next thing to keep it interesting.

This sums it up pretty well for me also.   I've killed deer with rifle, shotgun, and bow in 4 different states.  I've shot turkeys in 3.   When I go out now, the killing part is secondary.   I just enjoy being out in the woods.  I really don't care anymore if I drag something home.   The only place I differ is with birds, and that's because I love training and hunting over a dog.   My dog's reward is the bird, and for that you have to shoot it.   I love watching him work a bird and figure out what to do next.  Training a dog and watching him develop and learn is really fun for me.   Watching the light "turn on" as they start to learn the game is a feeling of accomplishment and pride in the dog.  Hard to put in words.

Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?

13 mins ago, Jeff270 said:

This sums it up pretty well for me also.   I've killed deer with rifle, shotgun, and bow in 4 different states.  I've shot turkeys in 3.   When I go out now, the killing part is secondary.   I just enjoy being out in the woods.  I really don't care anymore if I drag something home.   The only place I differ is with birds, and that's because I love training and hunting over a dog.   My dog's reward is the bird, and for that you have to shoot it.   I love watching him work a bird and figure out what to do next.  Training a dog and watching him develop and learn is really fun for me.   Watching the light "turn on" as they start to learn the game is a feeling of accomplishment and pride in the dog.  Hard to put in words.

A worthwhile discussion in the proper context.

In this case I don't think anyone should say another word. Don't feed the miserable little troll.

If everyone ignored him, he'd go away. Stirring up this kind of nasty drama is the only thing he has to offer. Without the drama, he's got nuthin. Ignore him.

4 hours ago, Jeff270 said:

Yup, feel the same.  Love the dog(s).

The Sultan of Sluggo

18 hours ago, Plug and teaser said:

This is a great response.  Thanks for the perspective. Its more about moving on to the next activity which I can understand.  I am at the time in my life that I could never imagine not Hunting and Fishing the way I do now.

17 hours ago, mikez2 said:

A worthwhile discussion in the proper context.

In this case I don't think anyone should say another word. Don't feed the miserable little troll.

If everyone ignored him, he'd go away. Stirring up this kind of nasty drama is the only thing he has to offer. Without the drama, he's got nuthin. Ignore him.

Without the drama.  Dude you cant even get out of bed to go catch shitty tasting trout until 8am.  Said you would rather catch a tank scrubbah then a ditch pickle thats all we need to know.

14 mins ago, bdowning said:

The bunny populations are off the charts now. Never seen so many...:shock:

I feel like they are on the downswing near me. Still lots but less than recent years. I don't have them in my yard every day or at work (which is right down the street) like past years.

I figured all the hawks and owls were thinning them. I see hawks every day and often hear owls at night. 

Turkeys we got in big numbers. Not just the tame yard Turkeys either. Plenty in the woods. Definitely still plenty of turkey hunters too. Lots of cars pulled over in my hiking spots. I feel like it's more cars than I see during deer season. 

25 mins ago, bdowning said:

The bunny populations are off the charts now. Never seen so many...:shock:

Where are the damn coyotes when you need one?

The Sultan of Sluggo

3 hours ago, bob_G said:

Where are the damn coyotes when you need one?

Had one 5 yards from me this AM. Came to a crow call. Must've been hungry, about as brazen as I've ever seen one. I was moving my arms and it didn't seem to faze him. Think he was sizing me up.  :laugh:

RElax 'yote lovers. Season's closed, it's still upright.  

I'll have mine on the rocks.

12 mins ago, Eagles Dare said:

Had one 5 yards from me this AM. Came to a crow call. Must've been hungry, about as brazen as I've ever seen one. I was moving my arms and it didn't seem to faze him. Think he was sizing me up.  :laugh:

RElax 'yote lovers. Season's closed, it's still upright.  

Have you ever seen one, or any canine for that matter that wasn't hungry.  It's a chronic condition.:laugh:

The Sultan of Sluggo