turkeys by the yard full

Rate this topic

i have a friend that lives on a pod her ducks walk up the hill and land on her roof then walk up to the ridge and look over to see if she is filling the feeders they then land at her feet looking for goodies.

yesterday i was out digging an old bush stump out my friend from next door came ove to cut some limbs off a tree that had broken i couldn't reach he took a step latter and climbed up and staetred cutting 5 turkeys can by and came over to him to watch what he was doing after the limbs hit the ground he climbed down and started cutting up the branches those birds walked over closer to him and watched him cut the limbs up these birds wer only about 6 feet from him funniest thing i have ever seen.

3 hours ago, capesams said:

yesterday i was out digging an old bush stump out my friend from next door came ove to cut some limbs off a tree that had broken i couldn't reach he took a step latter and climbed up and staetred cutting 5 turkeys can by and came over to him to watch what he was doing after the limbs hit the ground he climbed down and started cutting up the branches those birds walked over closer to him and watched him cut the limbs up these birds wer only about 6 feet from him funniest thing i have ever seen.

Steve have you ever thought about getting a game camera the goes directly to your phone,  they are fun to see what is out there at night.  

Mine was around $100 and I get 100 pictures free per month. 

If it goes over 100 pictures it just stops until the next month. 

The batteries last a long time so it's set it and forgot it...

troll #122  <*)))<

Yesterday morning in a field in Palmer a bid Tom was strutting his stuff trying to get then Hens excited.  Pulled over and watched for a bit.  This morning there was a turkey in the the middle of a four way intersection in Ludlow.  Must have gotten hit by a car but it was still alive.  I'm surprised that is the first one I've seen taken out on a road around here.

Cabo

my wife an i came home yesterday afternoon an what did we see 6 turkeys lay or standing on our front door step one was very happy to be sitting in my wifes very large flower pot next to the step we parked the car got out abd they took theur lazy time getting off the step as i walked over to them i think i heard one of them say welcome home..love these guys. and no there was no chit on the step.

yes they are fun to watch and those love flopping down on the front yard to keep an eye out for the girls they have about 5 holes started to take a dust bath we all sit in the yard together an watch for anything to move.

not but a minute ago the old man comes walking down the drive  with a gal this grey squirrel comes running and jumps off the ground and bounces off the side of the hen to scare her away from the food what a nut.

i used to raise these birds as pets growing up i now have many who  come to me for food and water they hurt nothing and are good company when you can't do anything but sit in a chair most of the day because strokes have  take  most  of your body to day there is no reason to kill anything when food stores are around every corner.

Sorry about your condition. 

Are you anti-fishing too? You can buy fish at the store as well.

Believe it or not, a wild turkey that hasn't been fed into tameness is one of the most challenging animals to harvest in the wild. 

I'll have mine on the rocks.