NFC carbon fiber guides

Rate this topic

surfrat59

Just read the email, coming soon. Atlas carbon fiber guides with zirconium ring. The claim is just as strong but 10% lighter than comparable REC sizes. So who's going to try them...not me I'm done building fly rods.  carbonguidesspin1-300x300.jpg

They look really ugly.

JC

I would like to see them compare to torzite and amtak, I doubt that they are lighter than those.

The target market for these are the people that want carbon fiber because everything carbon fiber these days is cool.

ASMFC - Destroying public resources and fisheries one stock at a time since 1942.

Guides are so small and tiny, weight isn't really a factor. 

I worry more about whether the inserts are going to pop out?

It happens a few time with me on a few spinning rods. 

Nothing flies by me without a hook!
If my fly is down, That's a good thing.

Public Access.....It's a shore thing. My daily requirement of "Vitamin Sea".

Capt. Ray Stachelek

On 4/13/2024 at 10:43 AM, Fergal said:

I would like to see them compare to torzite and amtak, I doubt that they are lighter than those.

The target market for these are the people that want carbon fiber because everything carbon fiber these days is cool.

CF is so yesterday.  I'm waiting for Aluminum/Beryllium alloy framed guides, specifically made from discarded F1 pistons that were banned from competition.