‘24 Shad Fishin

Rate this topic

Shad the poor man’s salmon. Incredible fish for mass waters . Conditions have to be perfect and you catch a wolf pack school moving up river is a Shad fishermans gift     Tbyrd. You are close to the river.  What water fps do you like.   50:000 is way too high 

45 mins ago, TBYRD said:

50,000cfs…. Still a wee bit high :laugh:

We should start seeing smaller male “scouts” in a couple weeks if the temps and flow settles in. 

Definitely time to start making spoons and tune up the gear. 
I love this time of year :shaky:

IMG_7917.jpeg

IMG_5083.jpeg

Man you're pics come out good.

I forget, are you the guy that was making the spoons with the Dead paint job?

I’ve found anywhere from 25 down to 15 is good with 20,000 being ideal for my favorite locations. 

And yes… My most productive leaf is the Dead pattern :shaky:

Ditch Troll #338

-Tight Lines

3 hours ago, TBYRD said:

IMG_7938.jpeg

IMG_7939.jpeg

Aww ok, I remember you posting some of your own stuff..  I would never want to jeopardize giving up a fishing spot!  lol.. Did we ever meet up up in my area, I forget?  Ive been trying to get the first one over here, like a lot of guys, and now the river shoots back up lol... Fun times

CT River down at East Haddam was flood stage. Even the Salmon River boat launch entry was flooded. I was down that way today, saw a tow truck pulling somebody out who tried to run thru the high water. Never a good idea! I'm determined to try for my first American shad this year. Will try the yak in about a week or so, once the flow slows down.