Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jetty eddy

**edited **

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

**Edited - nuttin' personal, but we've been doing daily battle with the "no specific spots" issue on this site smile.gif Please understand that if a spot is going to be destroyed with crowds, I'd prefer that SOL did everything it could to prevent it. Thanks, TimS

[ 10-31-2003, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: TimS ]

I was looking at the njsurf web page and said what I saw there. The picture hasn't changed since. It must be a BIG school. I dont feel thats giving away a spot. I wouldnt tell anyone anyway for at least a week.

Tim,

Perhaps you could be as thorough with spots you are less familiar with, like places I fish. The hook is big and everyone knows there's fish blitzing there. But when a guy talks about "under the light" ,which is 35 feet long, you let it slide. What's up with that.

Oz, not for nuttin', but just to make a point, this thread had nothing to do with the Hook smile.gif

Jetty Eddie, two different threads about the same thing - one with the name of the place, the other with a photograph of the place - that's pretty specific...in fact, it's about as specific as you can get smile.gif

For the record folks, it's not about "spot burning", everyone knows that there beaches on NJ's coast. Let's perhaps, change the name from "spot burning" to "bite burning" as that seems more accurate. Yes, everyone knows that Sandy Hook exists - they also know there's Sea Bright, Monmouth Beach, Long Branch, Elberon, Deal, Allenhurts, Asbury, Ocean Grove, Bradley Beach, Avon, Belmar, Spring Lake, Sea Girt, Manasquan, Point Pleasant, Bay Head, Normandy Beach, Brick Beach, Dover Township Beaches, Lavalette, the Seasides, IBSP, and a host of towns on LBI. There, I just burned every single "spot" on the Jersey coast from Sandy Hook to Holgate. They all have fish feeding at some time or another. They all have had "blitzes" at some point over the years. There's nothing sacred about that at all, pick up a map, you can see all those places right there in print.

What I have asked and will continue to ask everyone on this site to do is to respect the privacy of those folks fortunate enough to currently be into fish. If you find out about it, that's great, go fishing. But what point is made by announcing it online? How does that help you or the people who are actually out there putting in the effort? It doesn't, all it does is send masses of people to places they wouldn't normally be going - and 99.9% of the time, the fish have already moved. It just unecessarily crowds small, specific locations. I don't ask anyone to agree with me on this, but I do ask that everyone please respect this request while participating on this website smile.gif

Thank you smile.gif

The Management wink.gif

..."under the light"...

Those in the know call it "The Candle". wink.gifcwm27.gif

Yeah, but no one says "under the candle".

..."under the light"...

Those in the know call it "The Candle". wink.gifcwm27.gif

Yeah, but no one says "under the candle".

Everyone knows when you do some good fish under the light, ya tell them you got them on Shag, shees its common sense biggrin.gif

I am jittering, and will be out there in less than 3 1/2 hours.

LIGHTEN UP EVERYONE and get out and fish, lets all fight over the winter lg_smile.gif

GOOD LUCK

ML

tim i volunteer to moderate the LI forum, ill keep a sharp eye on those wethuiting fancyboys and will rule with an iron paw. ill clean the place out. boot everyone. scorched web policy, no worries icon14.gif

Apparently it doesn't matter where ya catch 'em as long as you say you "did" them instead of "caught" them. wink.gifcwm27.gif

For example:

"I did some fish under the light." cwm13.gif

"I caught some fish under the light." icon14.gif

Is "doing fish" like "doing lunch". Two phrases that I'll never use.

You're too honest to use the first one, but why not the second one? tongue.gifwink.gif

HappyWave.gif

BTW, I've been in yer playground recently...reallly late at night smile.gif

TimS

[ 10-31-2003, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: TimS ]