Cleaning my Hummingbird feeder. But when to put it out?

Rate this topic

I’m having trouble remembering but I think I usually put the feeder out the week after Taxes.

when do you guys put your feeders out?

I used to think they were cute lil friendly things but after watching them for a few years, I’ve noticed they don’t share very well. And the ones at my house get mad if another hummingbird tries to share the feeder.

i love the sound of their wings.  I sit on the patio and it’s fun when you hear that very distinctive sound as they zip by.

How many feeders do you put out?

The more feeders, the less "fighting" there will be, as they just defending their claim to the food.

The other thing to be aware of is the local bee population that will visit the feeders as well.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!

I put out one el cheapo small plastic clear bottom & red top with yellow flower.

since they cost only a buck or two, I probably should buy a couple more.

I had a fancy glass feeder but for some reason the humming birds really prefer the cheap plastic one.

i have two bee hives & the bees don’t cause any problems but ants and hornets do.   

This was from a couple of years ago, but my hummers seem to tolerate each other for the most part. I put out 3 feeders. Two just outside the bedroom windows and another in the backyard off the pool deck. I'll probably put them out on the 21st (April). Much earlier and I don't think they've arrived yet. But Yogi is awake and looking for sweets. 

I'll have mine on the rocks.

• 2 weeks later...