PA Trout Opener

Tomorrow.  Anyone going?  It will be 34 tomorrow morning so I'll probably sleep in.  :D   Don't feel like fighting the crowds in the cold for stocked trout.  I'll go out in the afternoon and pick up what ever is left.  Also, we had a ton of rain this week.  Wondering how the creeks will look.

45 mins ago, Mummichog said:

Tomorrow.  Anyone going?  It will be 34 tomorrow morning so I'll probably sleep in.  :D   Don't feel like fighting the crowds in the cold for stocked trout.  I'll go out in the afternoon and pick up what ever is left.  Also, we had a ton of rain this week.  Wondering how the creeks will look.

Very high and still rising. 

I'll pass on the crowds also.

I'll be headed out. I'm not gonna go sit along the creek at 4am drinking coffee and holding my spot, but I'll probably be out there by around 8-ish. Creeks here in southcentral region are very high, but starting to clear. They are fishable now and should be fair to good tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Redneck Tourist said:

I'll be headed out. I'm not gonna go sit along the creek at 4am drinking coffee and holding my spot, but I'll probably be out there by around 8-ish. Creeks here in southcentral region are very high, but starting to clear. They are fishable now and should be fair to good tomorrow.

I'm going to check out a couple creeks after work today.  If they look crappy, we'll try one of the lakes.  Going to meet my son somewhere (he's away at college but only an hour drive).  

10 mins ago, bigfish4me said:

Nope….it snowed all night Friday into Saturday and Saturday afternoon was windy as hell we ended up not shooting at all

It was very windy down here.  I was thinking I was glad I didn't head upstate because it would be 15 degrees colder.  

So... my pa opener started with lots of peoples trying to figure out how to step into 2 - 3' of running water.

I decided to take a look, but leave my gear home.

The next day, there was almost no one there. I caught 1! Looked like a hold over. Still not smart to step off the cut bank.