Fishing in South Carolina (myrtle beach)

Rate this topic

Rpark1214

Hey y'all I'm going to Myrtle Beach for a few days and was wondering what's being caught right now. Are any drum/trout/ladyfish/spanish running? I will be on a time crunch however and would like it to be as close to Myrtle as possible. Which of the piers (Myrtle Beach, 2nd ave, Springmaid, Myrtle Beach State park, Surfside (just rebuilt?), Garden City) would you recommend? I have assorted gear to reel in all types of fish and was hoping to avoid dinks. Any information would be gladly appreciated thanks

Back when,  we vacationed yearly in North MB and I would Fish the outlet of the Innercoastal at Cherry Grove to the Ocean. I plugged for Seatrout very successfuly bottom of the outgoing. 

I’ve been vacationing there since I was born, almost every April and other times of the year. I’ll be there next week but about an hour south of myrtle. Uncle is a guide and it’s always been a creek game Thant time of year. We’ll make some runs out front to some structure spots but it’s largely a creek game. Live bait up in geese creek mouths off more main channels. Spot tail, speck and flounder. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2024 at 9:18 PM, XBMX said:

Back when,  we vacationed yearly in North MB and I would Fish the outlet of the Innercoastal at Cherry Grove to the Ocean. I plugged for Seatrout very successfuly bottom of the outgoing. 

End of Cherry grove - House creek inlet.  Parking is limited. 

53rd ave N in Cherry grove has dock you can fish from and better parking. 

42 mins ago, Striperknight said:

End of Cherry grove - House creek inlet.  Parking is limited. 

53rd ave N in Cherry grove has dock you can fish from and better parking. 

Correct, but my rent a car blended in with all the others. Never bothered, 3hr at most.

just came back from myrtle and brought my travel rod. fished the spring maid pier for a couple hours and there were small blues and spanish being caught. on gotcha  plugs and straw sabiki jigs.  the sharks were around as well which were fun to see. also smaller fish like whiting and pins on bait. it is quick and easy if you are on a time crunch and would recommend that pier over the others just for the size.