Car advice

Rate this topic

bob_G

Might need some car advice.

I have to bring my wife's 2020 Hyundai Tucson in for a 1000 mile oil consumption test tomorrow.

Last oil change I discovered her car was down 2.5 quarts between oil changes.  I'm a real stickler for oil changes. Call the dealership, and they had me bring it in. They changed the oil, and replaced it with the same full synthetic oil I use.  Told me to bring it back at 1000 miles.

I just checked the oil, and I'm already down 1/2 quart @ 950 miles

Thoughts? 

The Sultan of Sluggo

1 min ago, bob_G said:

Might need some car advice.

I have to bring my wife's 2020 Hyundai Tucson in for a 1000 mile oil consumption test tomorrow.

Last oil change I discovered her car was down 2.5 quarts between oil changes.  I'm a real stickler for oil changes. Call the dealership, and they had me bring it in. They changed the oil, and replaced it with the same full synthetic oil I use.  Told me to bring it back at 1000 miles.

I just checked the oil, and I'm already down 1/2 quart @ 950 miles

Thoughts? 

I complained about a similar oil loss in Red's business truck and was told "It just 'evaporates' " after I asked if it was leaking or burning. I said "so yer telling me that Jesus just miracled it out of the engine ?? " . Apparently they were told by GM that it's 'normal' oil consumption.

IDK, I got a Honda with 267K and every 5K it uses about 3 tablespoons :shrug:

"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to loose -- with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they may be .."

9 mins ago, Brother Brian said:

I complained about a similar oil loss in Red's business truck and was told "It just 'evaporates' " after I asked if it was leaking or burning. I said "so yer telling me that Jesus just miracled it out of the engine ?? " . Apparently they were told by GM that it's 'normal' oil consumption.

IDK, I got a Honda with 267K and every 5K it uses about 3 tablespoons :shrug:

I have a 2004 Toyota Tacoma with 204,000 miles that burns no oil.

The Sultan of Sluggo

Just now, Jimichanga said:

8lc4q1.jpg

8lc4yu.jpg

I guess Mr Wong got out of the airline industry. I wonder what happened to Ho Lee ****?

"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to loose -- with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they may be .."

Same damn thing happened with my old subaru. A year and a half off the lot and it says low oil. I call subaru and they said that I'm just due for an oil change. Dafug?  I dip stuck it and there is next to nothing there. 

Call them back and we do the oil consumption. Then they're saying that this is a problem for a lot of foresters and to just carry a few quarts at all time. Dafugx2?

Turns out they replaced my whole engine because of a known defect in that car. Oil getting past the rings. 

Then the real kicker is they call me 2 months after saying I am due for an oil change. I said, "pretty sure you changed the oil when you swapped the engine". They had no record of it...