AI-MD park fee

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, Frank2104 said:

Thinking of springing for a surf tag for AI-MD this year. Watching an unofficial video guide the driver said you still have to pay the NP entry fee? I'm assuming my NP senior pass covers it?

02 is right, I have a lifetime senior pass for any National park. Once you have your OSV sticker , you don't have to pay to get into the park MD or VA. You can get your sticker at the park ranger station at A.I. MD. It's cheaper than the DE surf tag,  I'm out os state living in MD and I think the fishing is better. I only fish IRI in DE, with A.I. only 20 min from the summer place in O.C.MD , I havn't fished the DE beaches for 2 years. With all the BS for holidays , weekends , all the none fishing clown bbq's, I'm done for now with the DE beaches. Tight lines.

Capt, Frank Mundus. The man, the myth, the legand.

26 mins ago, hunter123 said:

02 is right, I have a lifetime senior pass for any National park. Once you have your OSV sticker , you don't have to pay to get into the park MD or VA. You can get your sticker at the park ranger station at A.I. MD. It's cheaper than the DE surf tag,  I'm out os state living in MD and I think the fishing is better. I only fish IRI in DE, with A.I. only 20 min from the summer place in O.C.MD , I havn't fished the DE beaches for 2 years. With all the BS for holidays , weekends , all the none fishing clown bbq's, I'm done for now with the DE beaches. Tight lines.

hey there hunter....

curious how you figure its cheaper than DE? I only pay $80 for my DE surf tag as a senior DE resident. AI-MD will cost me $110 plus a MD license. 

12 hours ago, Frank2104 said:

hey there hunter....

curious how you figure its cheaper than DE? I only pay $80 for my DE surf tag as a senior DE resident. AI-MD will cost me $110 plus a MD license. 

I live in MD, it's like $160.00 for a senior out of state. A.I. is only $110.00 . 

Capt, Frank Mundus. The man, the myth, the legand.

I would call the AI option “cheaper” due to the fact that your permit runs for the 12 months from the date of purchase. The DE permit is by yearly calendar. So, if my AI permit expires at the end of November, I don’t need to purchase again until maybe the following April. I’m usually not fishing Jan-March. The DE permit always covers those. Half the time, I can schedule the AI one to work out better. JMO

3 hours ago, stripers02 said:

And I also don’t fish the DE beaches anymore for the same reasons as Hunter. 

well I do fish them but either first daylight until 10 maybe and then late afternoon unless we're meeting p with family.